Chevy Cruze insurance cost image courtesy of QuoteInspector.com
Are you burned out from scraping nickels together to pay auto insurance each month? You have the same problem as most other vehicle owners in New Jersey.
A recent survey discovered that the vast majority of consumers renewed their policy with the same company for at least the last four years, and 38% of customers have never even shopped around for affordable coverage. New Jersey insurance shoppers can save hundreds of dollars each year just by getting comparison quotes, but they underestimate the big savings they would realize if they moved their coverage to a different company.
Steps to finding low-cost Chevy Cruze insurance in Newark
If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to get discount Chevy Cruze insurance is to start comparing prices yearly from companies in Newark.
First, read about what coverages are included in your policy and the factors you can control to keep rates low. Many rating factors that increase rates such as at-fault accidents, careless driving, and a bad credit rating can be amended by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes. Keep reading for more information to help prevent expensive coverage and find overlooked discounts.
Second, compare price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only quote rates from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes from multiple sources.
Third, compare the new rate quotes to your current policy premium to determine if switching companies saves money. If you can save money, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
One tip to remember is to make sure you're comparing the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on each quote request and and to look at every insurance company. Doing this ensures a fair price comparison and the best price selection.
Due to the fact that there are so many choices for buying cheap insurance for a Chevy Cruze in Newark, it can be impossible to pick a more affordable insurer.
It's important to shop coverage around quite often because prices are constantly changing. Despite the fact that you may have had the best deal on Chevy Cruze insurance in Newark a couple years back you may be paying too much now. Block out anything you think you know about auto insurance because you're about to find out the things you must know in order to eliminate unnecessary coverages and save money on Chevy Cruze insurance in Newark.
Best companies for Chevy Cruze insurance
The auto insurance companies shown below are our best choices to provide price comparisons in New Jersey. If you want to find the best cheap auto insurance in NJ, it's a good idea that you visit as many as you can to get the best price comparison.
Lower rates by qualifying for discounts
Some companies don't list every policy discount in a way that's easy to find, so the following list contains some of the more common in addition to some of the lesser obvious discounts that you may qualify for.
- Organization Discounts - Belonging to a civic or occupational organization in Newark could qualify you for a break on insurance.
- Online Discount - A few larger online companies will provide an incentive get Newark auto insurance over the internet.
- Discount for Life Insurance - If the company offers life insurance, you could get better premium rates if you take out life insurance from them.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage - Not a discount per se, but some insurance companies permit an accident before raising your premiums if you have no claims prior to the accident.
- Multi-policy Discount - If you can combine your homeowners and auto policy and insure them with the same company you could save approximately 10% to 15%.
- Anti-lock Brakes - Cars and trucks with ABS and/or traction control can stop better under adverse conditions and will save you 10% or more on Cruze insurance in Newark.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings - Maintaining low annual mileage could earn discounted insurance rates on garaged vehicles.
- Resident Student - Youth drivers who live away from home at college and do not have access to a covered vehicle can receive lower rates.
You can save money using discounts, but some of the credits will not apply to the entire cost. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though they make it sound like you can get free auto insurance, company stockholders wouldn't be very happy. Any amount of discount will help lower your policy premium.
Companies and a partial list of their discounts can be found below.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for continuous coverage, online quote discount, multi-policy, good student, online signing, and multi-vehicle.
- SAFECO offers discounts for teen safe driver, bundle discounts, anti-lock brakes, homeowner, accident prevention training, safe driver, and drive less.
- American Family offers discounts including mySafetyValet, accident-free, TimeAway discount, good driver, and Steer into Savings.
- MetLife may have discounts that include accident-free, defensive driver, good driver, multi-policy, and good student.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including membership and employees, military active duty, multi-policy, emergency military deployment, multi-vehicle, and federal employee.
- The Hartford may include discounts for vehicle fuel type, defensive driver, driver training, anti-theft, good student, air bag, and bundle.
If you are trying to find inexpensive Newark auto insurance quotes, ask every prospective company how many discounts you can get. All car insurance discounts may not apply to policyholders in your area. If you would like to view insurers with discount insurance rates in New Jersey, click here to view.
Why Your Insurance Costs might be higher
Consumers need to have an understanding of some of the factors that help calculate the price you pay for insurance. If you have a feel for what determines premiums, this enables informed choices that could result in much lower annual insurance costs.
The factors shown below are some of the major factors used by companies to determine your rate level.
- Deter theft and pay less - Choosing to buy a car with a theft deterrent system can save you some money. Anti-theft features such as tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar all help prevent car theft and help bring rates down.
- Having a spouse equates to better rates - Walking down the aisle actually saves money when buying insurance. It means you're more responsible and insurance companies like that married drivers tend to file fewer claims.
- Your employer may affect rates - Did you know your career choice can influence rates? Careers like doctors, police officers, and medical professionals tend to have higher average rates because of intense work-related stress and long work hours. Other careers such as professors, engineers and homemakers pay the least.
- Do you really need roadside assistance? - Policies have extra coverages that may not really be needed on your Cruze policy. Add-on coverages like rental car coverage, death and dismemberment, and extra equipment coverage are probably not needed. They may seem good when deciding what coverages you need, but now you might not need them so consider taking them off your policy.
- Premiums drop with age - Teenage drivers in New Jersey are statistically proven to be inattentive and easily distracted when at the wheel of a vehicle so insurance rates are higher. Parents adding a young driver onto your insurance can really hurt. Older people are shown to be more cautious, file fewer claims, and are generally more financially stable.
- Discounts for auto and home policies - Lots of insurance companies give better rates for people who consolidate policies with them. It's known as a multi-policy discount. Discounts can add up to ten or even up to twenty percent in some cases. Even though this discount sounds good, it's in your best interest to check prices from other companies to ensure the best deal.
- Never go without insurance - Going without insurance can be a fast way to increase your rates. And not only will insurance be more expensive, not being able to provide proof of insurance can result in fines and jail time.
- More performance means higher prices - The performance level of the car, truck or SUV you need to insure makes a substantial difference in your auto insurance rates. The cheapest insurance rates are usually found on the lowest performance passenger vehicles, but that's not the only thing that factors into the final price.
Insurance loss data for a Chevy Cruze - Insurance companies analyze claim trends for every vehicle to calculate a price that will offset any claims. Models that statistically have a trend towards higher claims will cost more for specific coverages.
The next table shows the compiled insurance loss statistics for Chevy Cruze vehicles. For each policy coverage, the claim probability for all vehicles, as an average, equals 100. Numbers under 100 suggest a positive loss record, while values over 100 indicate more frequent claims or tendency to have larger claims.
Chevrolet Cruze Insurance Claim Statistics Specific Chevrolet Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Chevrolet Cruze 96 132 87 136 153 152BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Exclusive versus independent insurance agents
Many drivers still prefer to talk to a local agent and we recommend doing that Most agents are highly skilled in risk management and help file insurance claims. The best thing about comparing rate quotes online is the fact that drivers can get the lowest rates and also buy local.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this form (opens in new window), your information gets sent to participating agents in Newark who want to provide quotes for your car insurance coverage. There is no need to drive around because quoted prices will be sent instantly to you. If you wish to compare rates from one company in particular, you can always find their quoting web page and complete a quote there.
Picking an provider should depend on more than just a cheap quote. Some important questions to ask are:
- Is there a local claims center in Newark?
- How often do they review coverages?
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
- Will you work with the agent or an assistant?
Is an exclusive or independent auto insurance agent right for you?
When researching a good insurance agency, you need to know there are two types of insurance agents that you can select. Car insurance policy providers can be categorized as either independent agents or exclusive agents. Either type can do a good job, but it's worth learning the difference in the companies they write for since it can affect your selection of an agent.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be exclusive are contracted to one company and examples are American Family, State Farm, and Allstate. They are unable to compare other company's rates so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive agencies are very knowledgeable on their company's products which can be an advantage.
Listed below are Newark exclusive insurance agents who can help you get price quotes.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be independent do not work for one specific company so they have the ability to put coverage with lots of companies and get the cheapest rates. If your agent finds better pricing, they simply move your policy to a different company and you can keep the same agent. When comparing rates, you absolutely need to get insurance quotes from multiple independent agents so that you can do a thorough price comparison.
Below are Newark independent insurance agents willing to provide price quote information.
Preferred Choice Insurance Agency
225 Newark Ave - Jersey City, NJ 07302 - (201) 616-7644 - View Map
Knight Insurance Consulting Group
454 Washington St - Newark, NJ 07102 - (973) 704-1024 - View Map
Once you have received acceptable answers to your questions and a good coverage price, chances are good that you have found an insurance agent that is reputable and can properly insure your vehicles.
The most affordable rates come from being thorough
Throughout this article, we presented many ideas to save on Chevy Cruze insurance in Newark. It's most important to understand that the more companies you get premium rates for, the better your chances of lowering your premium rates. Consumers could even find that the best car insurance rates are with a small mutual company. These companies often have lower premium rates on specific markets than their larger competitors like Progressive and GEICO.
When shopping online for insurance, do not skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. Too many times, an insured cut comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to regret that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your aim should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage for the lowest price while not skimping on critical coverages.
Steps to finding affordable quotes for Chevy Cruze insurance in Newark
If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to find the cheapest price for car insurance rates in Newark is to regularly compare price quotes from different companies in New Jersey.
First, try to comprehend car insurance and the things you can change to keep rates down. Many risk factors that cause rate increases like high-risk driving behaviors and a less-than-favorable credit rating can be amended by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
Second, obtain price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can give quotes from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agencies can quote prices from multiple companies.
Third, compare the price quotes to the premium of your current policy and see if there is a cheaper rate. If you find a lower rate and switch companies, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
Fourth, provide proper notification to your current company of your intent to cancel your current policy. Submit a down payment along with a completed application for your new policy. Once received, place the new certificate verifying proof of insurance in your vehicle's glove compartment or console.
A good piece of advice is that you'll want to compare similar coverage information on every quote request and and to get rates from every insurance company. This guarantees an accurate price comparison and many rates to choose from.
To read more, take a look at these articles:
- How to Avoid Common Accidents (State Farm)
- Who Has Affordable Newark Car Insurance for First-time Drivers? (FAQ)
- How Much is Newark Car Insurance for Uninsured Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Newark Car Insurance Rates for Seniors? (FAQ)
- Collision Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Auto Insurance Basics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Teen Driver Licensing Information (iihs.org)