Unthinkable but true, most drivers in New Jersey renewed their policy with the same company for a minimum of four years, and 38% of customers have never compared quotes from other companies. American drivers could save themselves almost $850 a year just by comparing rates, but they don’t want to take the time to compare rates.
Truthfully, the best way to get discount auto insurance rates in Newark is to compare quotes annually from insurance carriers in New Jersey. You can compare prices by completing these steps.
- First, spend a few minutes and learn about auto insurance and the changes you can make to lower rates. Many risk factors that cause high rates like high-risk driving behaviors and poor credit history can be improved by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Second, compare prices from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can give quotes from a single company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agents can provide rate quotes for a wide range of companies. Click to view companies
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to the price on your current policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you can save money and buy the policy, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Fourth, give proper notification to your current agent or company of your intent to cancel your current coverage. Submit the completed application along with a down payment to the new company. Once the application is submitted, keep the new certificate of insurance in an accessible location in your vehicle.
The key thing to know about shopping around is that you use similar coverage information on each quote request and and to look at all possible companies. Doing this ensures a fair price comparison and and a good selection of different prices.
Chevy Venture Insurance Premiums Can Be Lower
Many factors are used in the calculation when you quote your car insurance policy. Some of the criteria are obvious like a motor vehicle report, but others are less obvious such as your marital status and annual miles driven.
- Urban areas may pay more – Residing in less populated areas has it’s advantages when talking about auto insurance. Fewer drivers and short commutes means reduced accidents as well as less vandalism and auto theft. Urban drivers have traffic congestion and longer commutes to work. More time behind the wheel means more chance of being in an accident.
- Continuous auto insurance coverage saves money – Letting your insurance expire can be a fast way to bump up your auto insurance costs. Not only will rates go up, being ticketed for driving with no insurance may result in fines and jail time. Then you may be required to provide proof of insurance in the form of an SR-22 filing with the New Jersey motor vehicle department to get your license reinstated.
- Don’t buy extra policy coverages you don’t use – Policies have extra bells and whistles that can add up if you aren’t careful. Coverages for rental car coverage, death and dismemberment, and membership fees could be just wasting money. These may sound like a good investment when discussing your needs, but your money might be better spent on other coverage so eliminate them to save money.
- Higher premiums for high stress jobs – Occupations like military personnel, air traffic controllers, and emergency personnel tend to have higher rates than average attributed to high stress levels and long work days. Conversely, careers such as actors, engineers and retirees receive lower rates.
- Use one insurance company and save – Lots of auto insurance companies allow a discount to clients that buy multiple policies, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. The amount of the discounts can be ten or even fifteen percent. Even if you’re getting this discount consumers should still compare Chevy Venture rates in Newark to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible. You may still save more without the discount even if you insure with multiple companies
- Lower miles equals lower premium – Driving a lot of miles in a year’s time the more you will pay for auto insurance. The majority of insurers price each vehicle’s coverage based on their usage. Cars that sit idle most of the time can get a lower rate than vehicles that are driven to work every day. Double check that your auto insurance declarations sheet shows the right rating data. Having the wrong rating on your Venture is throwing money out the window.
- Drive a fast car, truck or SUV and pay more – The performance of the car you are trying to find cheaper insurance for makes a substantial difference in your car insurance bill. Small economy passenger cars normally have pretty low rates, but that’s not the only thing that factors into the final price.
- When should you not file policy claims? – If you tend to file frequent claims, you should expect either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Companies in New Jersey generally give lower rates to insureds who are not frequent claim filers. Auto insurance is intended for the large, substantial claims.
Insurance discounts are available for cheaper rates
Auto insurance companies don’t always publicize all discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the below list has some of the best known and the more hidden discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Newark car insurance online.
- Include Life Insurance and Save – Companies who offer life insurance give a discounted price on car insurance if you buy auto and life insurance together.
- Driver’s Education for Students – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them enroll in driver’s education as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Low Miles Discount – Driving fewer miles could qualify for cheaper insurance rates.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Participating in a defensive driving class could save 5% or more if your company offers it.
- Safe Driver Discount – Drivers without accidents can pay as much as 50% less than less cautious drivers.
- Homeowners Savings – Just being a homeowner can save a few bucks because owning a home means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags or automatic seat belts can get savings of up to 25% or more.
- College Student Discount – Youth drivers who are enrolled in higher education away from home and do not have a car may qualify for this discount.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts – Buying a policy with primary and secondary vehicles with the same company can get a discount for every vehicle.
- New Vehicle Savings – Insuring a vehicle that is new can save you some money since new vehicles have better safety ratings.
One thing to note about discounts is that most credits do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only cut specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. Even though the math looks like all those discounts means the company will pay you, nobody gets a free ride.
To locate insurance companies who offer online Chevy Venture insurance quotes in New Jersey, follow this link.
New Jersey auto insurance companies ranked
Selecting a good quality insurance company can be difficult considering how many companies there are to choose from in New Jersey. The information in the next section can help you choose which insurers to look at when comparing rate quotes.
Top 10 Newark Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- Liberty Mutual
- State Farm
- 21st Century
- The Hartford
- Farmers Insurance
Top 10 Newark Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- The Hartford – 93%
- Progressive – 90%
- 21st Century – 89%
- USAA – 87%
- Mercury Insurance – 87%
- State Farm – 87%
- Travelers – 87%
- Safeco Insurance – 86%
- AAA Insurance – 86%
- American Family – 85%
Quote more to save more
We covered many ways to reduce Chevy Venture insurance car insurance rates online in Newark. The most important thing to understand is the more price quotes you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers could even find that the best car insurance rates are with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.
When buying insurance coverage, it’s very important that you do not skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. In too many instances, an accident victim reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits and learned later they didn’t have enough coverage. Your focus should be to buy the best coverage you can find at a price you can afford while not skimping on critical coverages.
Insureds change insurance companies for many reasons like high rates after DUI convictions, delays in responding to claim requests, denial of a claim or questionable increases in premium. Whatever your reason, finding the right auto insurance provider is not as hard as you think.
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for 19 Year Olds in Newark? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers Over Age 70 in Newark? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for a School Permit in Newark? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Newark Auto Insurance Quotes for a Ford Fusion? (FAQ)
- How to Avoid Staged Accidents (State Farm)
- What are my Rights when Filing a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)