Searching for cheaper insurance for a Chevy Suburban in New Jersey can be difficult, but you can use the following methods to save time. There is a better way to buy car insurance so we’re going to tell you the quickest way to quote coverages on a Chevy and obtain the lowest price from Newark insurance agents and online providers.
Low cost Chevy Suburban insurance prices in Newark, New Jersey
All major auto insurance companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Progressive allow you to get prices from their websites. Getting Chevy Suburban insurance prices online doesn’t take much effort because it’s just a matter of typing in the coverages you want into the form. Behind the scenes, their system sends out for reports for credit and driving violations and returns pricing information.
This makes it easy to compare insurance prices and it is imperative to do this if you want to find the lowest possible payments on auto insurance.
To quickly get comparison pricing now, compare rates now from the companies shown below. To compare your current rates, we recommend you type in the coverage information exactly as shown on your declarations page. This ensures you will get rate comparison quotes based on identical coverages.
The auto insurance companies shown below have been selected to offer quotes in Newark, NJ. To locate the best car insurance in NJ, it’s a good idea that you compare several of them to find the most competitive auto insurance rates.
Get cheaper Chevy Suburban insurance in Newark with discounts
Companies do not list every discount they offer very clearly, so the following is a list of a few of the more common as well as some of the hidden credits that may apply to you. If you do not double check each discount you deserve, you could be saving more on your insurance.
- Newark Homeowners Pay Less – Just being a homeowner may earn you a small savings due to the fact that maintaining a home means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Telematics Devices – Newark drivers who agree to allow data collection to track driving patterns by using a telematics device such as In-Drive from State Farm or Allstate’s Drivewise system could see a rate decrease if their driving habits are good.
- ABS Brakes – Cars and trucks that have anti-lock braking systems prevent accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Keeping the miles down on your Chevy could earn lower prices on the low mileage vehicles.
- Claim-Free Discount – Drivers who don’t have accidents get the best insurance rates in comparison to bad drivers.
A little disclaimer on discounts, some credits don’t apply to the whole policy. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. So even though you would think you can get free auto insurance, you aren’t that lucky. But all discounts will cut the premium cost.
The example below compares Chevy Suburban yearly insurance costs with and without discounts. The rates are based on a male driver, no claims or violations, New Jersey state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, safe-driver, multi-policy, marriage, homeowner, and multi-car discounts applied.
Larger insurance companies and a selection of discounts include:
- State Farm has discounts for multiple autos, accident-free, defensive driving training, passive restraint, and driver’s education.
- Progressive includes discounts for online signing, good student, homeowner, continuous coverage, online quote discount, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle.
- Progressive discounts include good student, continuous coverage, online quote discount, homeowner, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and online signing.
- MetLife may offer discounts for accident-free, good driver, defensive driver, good student, claim-free, multi-policy
- Farm Bureau policyholders can earn discounts including multi-vehicle, renewal discount, multi-policy, youthful driver, and driver training.
- GEICO offers discounts for driver training, multi-policy, defensive driver, anti-theft, seat belt use, and five-year accident-free.
- SAFECO may have discounts that include teen safety rewards, homeowner, anti-theft, teen safe driver, bundle discounts, and multi-car.
If you need lower rates, check with all companies you are considering what discounts are available to you. Savings might not be offered on policies in your state. To view providers who offer discounts in Newark, click this link.
Rates and data analysis
The rate information shown below highlights different insurance costs for Chevy Suburban models. Understanding more about how policy rates are determined is important for you to make smart policy decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Suburban LS 2WD||$288||$484||$648||$38||$194||$1,652||$138|
|Suburban LT 2WD||$288||$484||$648||$38||$194||$1,652||$138|
|Suburban LS 4WD||$288||$484||$648||$38||$194||$1,652||$138|
|Suburban LT 4WD||$288||$484||$648||$38||$194||$1,652||$138|
|Suburban LTZ 2WD||$288||$570||$648||$38||$194||$1,738||$145|
|Suburban LTZ 4WD||$320||$570||$648||$38||$194||$1,770||$148|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and New Jersey minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, homeowner, claim-free, multi-policy, and safe-driver. Price information does not factor in specific Newark garaging location which can alter auto insurance rates greatly.
Chevrolet Suburban insurance rates by gender
The example below visualizes the comparison of Chevy Suburban insurance costs for male and female drivers. The premiums assume no tickets, no at-fault accidents, comprehensive and collision coverage, $250 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Difference between liability only and full coverage rates
The example below compares Chevy Suburban yearly insurance costs with and without full coverage. The prices are based on no accidents, no driving violations, $500 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no other discounts are factored in.
When to stop buying comprehensive and collision coverage
There is no set guideline of when to eliminate physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the yearly cost of comp and collision coverage is more than 10% of the settlement you would receive from your company, then you might consider buying liability only.
For example, let’s pretend your Chevy Suburban book value is $8,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most you would get paid by your company is $7,000 after paying your deductible. If you are paying more than $700 a year for physical damage coverage, then it might be time to buy liability only.
There are a few cases where removing full coverage is not a good idea. If you still have a lienholder on your title, you have to carry full coverage to protect the lienholder’s interest in the vehicle. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should keep full coverage.
How do Car Insurance Companies Determine Chevy Suburban Insurance Prices?
A large part of saving on insurance is knowing some of the factors that go into determining the price you pay for insurance. If you have a feel for what impacts premium levels, this enables you to make decisions that could result in big savings. Many things are used when you get your auto insurance bill. Some are pretty understandable like your driving record, but others are less obvious such as your credit history or your vehicle rating.
Rates go up with performance – The make and model of the vehicle you drive makes a big difference in your premium level. The lowest rates are usually found on lower cost passenger models, but the cost you end up paying is determined by many additional factors.
The data below assumes a married female driver age 20, full coverage with $100 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. It compares Chevrolet Suburban insurance premiums compared to other makes and models that have different performance rating factors.
Get cheaper premiums if you’re married – Having a wife or husband can actually save you money on insurance. Having a significant other may mean you are more financially stable and statistics prove married couples file fewer claims.
An active claims history can cost more – If you are a frequent claim filer, you shouldn’t be surprised to get increased rates or even have your policy non-renewed. Companies in New Jersey give most affordable rates to people who are claim-free. Auto insurance is intended to be relied upon for the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
Excellent credit scores equal low prices – Your credit history can be a huge factor in determining what you pay for insurance. If your credit score could use some work, you may save money insuring your Chevrolet Suburban if you clean up your credit. People with excellent credit tend to file fewer claims as compared to drivers with poor credit.
GPS tracking and theft deterrents lowers premiums – Owning a car with anti-theft technology or alarm system can help lower your rates. Anti-theft devices such as vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems all help prevent car theft.
Chevy Suburban claim statistics – Insurance companies use past insurance losses when setting premium rates. Vehicles that historically have higher claim amounts or frequency will have higher rates. The next table shows the historical loss data for Chevy Suburban vehicles.
For each coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles, regardless of make or model, is a value of 100. Numbers below 100 represent a good loss history, while numbers shown that are more than 100 point to more frequent losses or statistically larger losses.
|Vehicle Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Chevrolet Suburban 1500 4dr 2WD||90||92||90||67|
|Chevrolet Suburban 1500 4dr 4WD||109||113||124||72||70|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Auto insurance is available from local insurance agents
Many people just want to buy from a local agent. Insurance agents can answer important questions and help file insurance claims. One of the benefits of comparing rates online is you can get lower prices and still buy from a local agent.
To find an agent, once you fill out this form (opens in new window), your information is sent to companies in Newark that can provide free Newark auto insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to do any legwork due to the fact that quote results will go directly to you. If you have a need to get a rate quote from a specific auto insurance provider, feel free to jump over to their website and fill out their quote form.
Finding the right company requires more thought than just the price. You should also get answers to these questions.
- Does the agency have a positive business rating?
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
- Do they offer claims assistance after hours?
- By raising physical damage deductibles, how much would you save?
- Do they write coverage based solely on cost?
- Has the agent ever had any license suspensions?
- Do the coverages you’re quoting properly cover your vehicle?
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
Pick the best auto insurance agent in Newark for you
If you prefer to buy auto insurance from a local insurance agency, there are a couple of different types of agents and how they are slightly different. Auto insurance policy providers are considered either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Both can provide auto insurance policies, but we need to point out how they differ since it can impact buying decisions.
These agents can only quote rates from one company such as Allstate, State Farm and Farm Bureau. Exclusive agents cannot place coverage with different providers so always compare other rates. These agents are very knowledgeable on their company’s products which aids in selling service over price. A lot of people use the same exclusive agent mainly due to the brand name rather than having the cheapest rates.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Newark that are able to give price quote information.
- State Farm: Greg Daniels
681 1/2 Mt Prospect Ave – Newark, NJ 07104 – (973) 484-5772 – View Map
- State Farm: Zanetta Glover
570 Broad St #114 – Newark, NJ 07102 – (973) 648-0699 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Celia Caro
66 Wilson Ave – Newark, NJ 07105 – (973) 690-6400 – View Map
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies
These type of agents are not limited to a single company so they have the ability to put coverage through many different auto insurance companies and find the cheapest auto insurance rates. If prices rise, they can switch companies in-house which is easy for the insured. When comparison shopping, you definitely need to include independent agents to have the most options to choose from. A lot of them also have access to smaller mutual companies which can be an advantage.
Below is a short list of independent agencies in Newark willing to provide price quotes.
- Morais Insurance Agency, Inc.
217 Ferry St – Newark, NJ 07105 – (973) 344-2000 – View Map
- Astor C Wilson Insurance Agency
88 Pacific St – Newark, NJ 07105 – (973) 491-0002 – View Map
- Massey Insurance
46 Lyons Ave – Newark, NJ 07112 – (973) 926-6300 – View Map
Get the best coverage at the best price
As you quote Newark auto insurance, it’s not a good idea to buy poor coverage just to save money. In many cases, an insured dropped collision coverage and found out when filing a claim that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your goal is to find the BEST coverage for the lowest price but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
Some insurance providers may not provide rates over the internet and many times these smaller companies only sell through independent insurance agencies. Lower-priced car insurance in Newark can be found from both online companies and from local insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best chance of lowering rates.
You just learned quite a bit of information on how to compare Chevy Suburban insurance rates in Newark. It’s most important to understand that the more companies you get auto insurance rates for, the better your chances of lowering your auto insurance rates. Drivers may even discover the lowest priced car insurance comes from the smaller companies.
Steps to finding cheaper Chevy Suburban insurance in Newark
The easiest way to get more affordable auto insurance rates is to begin comparing prices regularly from insurers in Newark. You can compare prices by following these guidelines.
- Read and learn about auto insurance and the changes you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many risk factors that increase rates like inattentive driving and poor credit history can be controlled by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Quote rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give rate quotes from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agencies can provide price quotes from multiple companies. Click to view companies
- Compare the new rate quotes to the price on your current policy to see if a cheaper price is available. If you find a lower rate quote and change companies, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
An essential thing to point out is to make sure you’re comparing similar deductibles and liability limits on every quote request and and to get quotes from as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this provides a fair rate comparison and a complete price analysis.
- Teen Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Dodge Ram in Newark? (FAQ)
- Help Your Teen Be a Better Driver (State Farm)
- Should I Purchase an Umbrella Liability Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)