It takes a little time, but the best way to get affordable car insurance rates in Newark is to do a yearly price comparison from insurance carriers who sell auto insurance in New Jersey. Prices can be compared by following these steps.
- First, get an understanding of individual coverages and the factors you can control to keep rates low. Many rating factors that result in higher rates such as distracted driving and a substandard credit history can be amended by being financially responsible and driving safely. Keep reading for information to get cheaper rates and earn larger discounts.
- Second, get rate quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can give quotes from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes from multiple companies. View companies
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to your current policy premium to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find better rates, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Fourth, notify your agent or company to cancel the current policy and submit a completed application and payment to the new company. Once coverage is bound, keep the new certificate of insurance in your vehicle.
An important bit of advice to remember is to make sure you’re comparing the same liability limits and deductibles on every quote request and and to get quotes from all possible companies. Doing this guarantees a fair rate comparison and the best price selection.
It’s shocking but almost 70% of insureds kept buying from the same company for at least four years, and nearly the majority have never taken the time to shop around. Newark consumers could pocket about 40% a year by just comparing quotes, but they don’t know the large savings they would see if they switched.
Finding affordable car insurance coverage in Newark can initially seem challenging. If you have a current car insurance policy, you will surely be able to buy cheaper car insurance using the ideas you’re about to read. Smart shoppers only need to know the proper methods to compare company rates from many different companies.
Slash your insurance rates with discounts
Some insurance providers don’t list every possible discount very clearly, so we researched a few of the more well known and the harder-to-find credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Newark auto insurance online.
- Discount for Good Grades – Being a good student may save as much as 25% on a Newark auto insurance quote. Most companies allow this discount up until you turn 25.
- New Car Discount – Buying a new car model may earn a small discount because new vehicles keep occupants safer.
- Multi-car Discount – Buying insurance for primary and secondary vehicles on one policy qualifies for this discount.
- Accident Forgiveness – Not really a discount, but companies like State Farm and Allstate will allow you to have one accident without the usual rate increase if your claims history is clear prior to being involved in the accident.
- Telematics Data – Insureds who allow data collection to analyze vehicle usage by using a small device installed in their vehicle such as Snapshot from Progressive or Drivewise from Allstate could possibly reduce rates if they have good driving habits.
Discounts lower rates, but some of the credits will not apply to your bottom line cost. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. So despite the fact that it appears you can get free auto insurance, you’re out of luck.
To locate insurers offering insurance discounts in Newark, click here to view.
How to shop Chevy Bolt EV insurance online
Lowering your Chevy Bolt EV auto insurance rates is actually easier than you may think. You just have to spend a little time comparing price quotes from some recommended companies.
The companies in the list below can provide price comparisons in Newark, NJ. If you wish to find cheaper car insurance in Newark, it’s a good idea that you compare several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Why Your Insurance Rates might be higher
Multiple criteria are taken into consideration when you get your auto insurance bill. A few of the factors are predictable like your driving record, but some are not as apparent like your vehicle usage or your vehicle rating. One of the most helpful ways to save on insurance is to to have a grasp of the factors that help determine your policy premiums. When consumers understand what influences your rates, this allows you to make good choices that could result in lower insurance prices.
- Vehicle theft costs us all – Choosing to buy a car with a theft deterrent system can help lower your premiums. Theft prevention devices like OnStar, LoJack tracking, and tamper alarms all help stop auto theft and help lower rates.
- Expect high rates for teens – Older people are proven to be safer behind the wheel, tend to cause fewer accidents, and are generally more financially stable. Youthful drivers have a tendency to be careless and easily distracted behind the wheel so insurance rates are higher.
- Don’t cut corners with liability insurance – Liability insurance will protect you if ever you are responsible for personal injury or accident damage. Liability insurance provides you with a defense in court up to the limits shown on your policy. It is affordable coverage compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so drivers should make sure they buy enough to cover all assets.
- Costs for males may be higher – Over the last 50 years, statistics have shown women are more cautious behind the wheel. That doesn’t necessarily mean that men are WORSE drivers than women. Men and women get in accidents at a similar rate, but men cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. Men also tend to receive more major tickets such as driving while intoxicated (DWI) or driving recklessly.
- Location can affect price – Living in a small town can save you money if you are looking for the lowest rates. Fewer drivers on the road means reduced accidents as well as less vandalism and auto theft. Residents of big cities tend to have more aggressive driving styles and a longer drive to work. More time commuting means more chances of being involved in an auto accident.
- Type of car determines base prices – The performance level of the vehicle you are insuring makes a big difference in your premium level. Lower performance four cylinder passenger models generally have the cheapest insurance rates, but many other things help determine your insurance rates.
- Your job can affect rates – Did you know your occupation can influence how much you pay for insurance? Careers like doctors, police officers, and stock brokers tend to have higher premium rates because of intense work-related stress and extremely grueling work hours. On the flip side, jobs such as actors, students and performers get better rates.
- Keep premiums low by being claim-free – If you’re an insured who likes to file claims you should expect either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Insurance companies in New Jersey give the best rates to policyholders who are claim-free. Auto insurance is meant to be used in the event of more catastrophic claims.
Compare rates but buy from a local Newark insurance agency
Some consumers just want to sit down with an agent and that is just fine! Professional insurance agents can point out coverage gaps and give you someone to call. One of the benefits of getting free rate quotes online is you can get the best rates but still work with a licensed agent.
By using this quick form, the quote information is submitted to local insurance agents who will return price quotes for your business. You won’t need to even leave your home as quotes are delivered to you directly. If you have a need to get a price quote from a specific car insurance provider, don’t hesitate to visit that company’s website and complete a quote there.
Finding the right provider requires more thought than just a cheap price. Any agent in Newark should have no problem answering these questions:
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
- Is there a local claims center in Newark?
- Will high miles depreciate repair valuations?
- How long have they worked with personal auto insurance coverage?
Is an exclusive or independent auto insurance agent right for you?
If you want to use a good insurance agency, you should know the types of insurance agents that you can select. Insurance agencies in Newark are categorized either independent or exclusive. Both types of agents can write policy coverage, but it is a good idea to know the subtle differences since it could factor into which type of agent you select.
These agents work for only one company such as State Farm or Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot provide prices from multiple companies so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agents are well schooled on their company’s products and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Consumers often purchase coverage from exclusives mainly due to the prominent brand name and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
The following are exclusive agents in Newark that can give you comparison quotes.
- Farmers Insurance – Anthony Pugliese
41 Wilson Ave – Newark, NJ 07105 – (973) 732-2105 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance – Christine Veliz
229 Bloomfield Ave – Newark, NJ 07104 – (973) 482-1975 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance: Anthony Pugliese
217 Chestnut St – Newark, NJ 07105 – (973) 536-2060 – View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent agents are normally appointed by many insurers so they can insure your vehicles amongst many companies and find the cheapest rate. If prices rise, they simply move your policy to a different company and the insured can keep the same agent.
When comparing rate quotes, we recommend you check rates from at least one independent agent so that you can do a thorough price comparison. Most independent agents also contract with additional companies that you may not be familiar with which can be an advantage.
Listed below are independent insurance agencies in Newark that are able to give price quotes.
- Goker and Associates Insurance Agency
121 Elizabeth Ave #101 – Newark, NJ 07108 – (908) 344-7577 – View Map
- Ironbound Business Insurance
275 Chestnut St – Newark, NJ 07105 – (866) 497-1001 – View Map
- Dependable Insurance Agency Inc
1030 S Orange Ave – Newark, NJ 07106 – (973) 372-0002 – View Map
After getting good feedback to your questions as well as an affordable premium quote, you have narrowed it down to a car insurance agent that is reliable enough to insure your vehicles.
Why you need Chevy Bolt EV insurance in New Jersey
Despite the high cost, insuring your vehicle is required in New Jersey but also provides important benefits.
- Almost all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require specific limits of liability protection in order to be legal. In New Jersey these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Chevy has a lienholder, it’s guaranteed your bank will force you to have physical damage coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you let the policy lapse, the bank will be required to insure your Chevy at a much higher premium rate and force you to pay for it.
- Insurance protects both your Chevy and your assets. It will also reimburse you for hospital and medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. As part of your policy, liability insurance also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, your insurance policy will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver is overpaying more than $750 every year so shop around at every renewal to save money.
Cheaper coverage is out there
While you’re price shopping online, make sure you don’t buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In many cases, an insured cut liability limits or collision coverage only to discover later that it was a big error on their part. Your goal should be to buy a smart amount of coverage for the lowest price.
Cheaper Chevy Bolt EV insurance in Newark can be bought both online in addition to local insurance agencies, and you should be comparing both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance providers may not offer the ability to get a quote online and these regional insurance providers sell through independent insurance agencies.
Throughout this article, we presented many tips how you can save on Chevy Bolt EV insurance in Newark. The most important thing to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the higher your chance of finding low cost Newark auto insurance quotes. You may even discover the best price on insurance is with a small mutual company.
Even more information can be found at these sites:
- Vehicle Size and Weight FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for Veterans in Newark? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for High Risk Drivers in Newark? (FAQ)
- Crash Avoidance Technologies FAQ (iihs.org)
- Five Steps to Filing an Auto Insurance Claim (Insurance Information Institute)
- Driving in Bad Weather (Insurance Information Institute)
- Cellphones, Texting and Driving (iihs.org)