How long has it been since the last time you looked for more affordable Mazda MX-5 Miata insurance in Newark? I can’t think of anyone who gets a kick out of paying for car insurance, especially when they know they could get a better deal.
It’s a known fact that car insurance companies don’t want their customers to go rate shopping. Insureds who shop around at least once a year are very likely to switch to a new company because there is a high probability of finding coverage at a cheaper rate. A recent survey discovered that people who regularly compared rates saved approximately $860 a year compared to people who don’t make a habit of comparing rates.
If finding discount rates on Mazda MX-5 Miata insurance in Newark is your goal, then learning a little about how to quote and compare coverages can help simplify the task of finding more affordable coverage. Big-name insurance companies like Progressive, GEICO and Farmers Insurance all claim big savings with ads and consumers find it hard to ignore the propaganda and find the best price available.
If you are already insured or need a new policy, use these tips to buy cheaper auto insurance without reducing protection. Buying the cheapest auto insurance in Newark is quite easy if you know the best way to do it. Vehicle owners only need an understanding of the tricks to shop for auto insurance online from multiple companies.
The most recommended method to compare policy rates for Mazda MX-5 Miata insurance in Newark is to know the fact most larger insurance companies provide online access to provide you with a free rate quote. To get started, all you need to do is give them rating details including if a SR-22 is needed, your job, coverage limits, and daily mileage. That rating data is automatically sent to many highly-rated insurers and you will receive price estimates almost instantly.
To start a rate quote now, click here and see if a lower rate is available in Newark.
The companies shown below offer free quotes in New Jersey. To buy the best cheap auto insurance in New Jersey, it’s highly recommended you click on several of them in order to find the lowest rates.
Why you need to buy auto insurance
Despite the fact that auto insurance is not cheap in Newark, insuring your vehicle may be required and benefits you in several ways.
- Almost all states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to buy a specific level of liability protection in order to drive the car. In New Jersey these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Mazda, most banks will require that you buy full coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank will be required to insure your Mazda for a lot more money and make you pay for the expensive policy.
- Insurance protects not only your car but also your assets. It will also cover medical transport and hospital expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, will also pay for a defense attorney if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, your auto insurance policy will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of insuring your MX-5 Miata definitely exceed the price paid, particularly if you ever have a claim. The average driver in America overpays more than $869 every year so compare rates at every policy renewal to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Mazda MX-5 Miata coverage statistics
The coverage information displayed next covers detailed analysis of prices for Mazda MX-5 Miata models. Having a good understanding how rates are formulated can be useful when making informed decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|MX-5 Miata Sport 2-Dr Convertible||$200||$324||$408||$24||$122||$1,078||$90|
|MX-5 Miata Touring 2-Dr Convertible||$230||$394||$408||$24||$122||$1,178||$98|
|MX-5 Miata Grand Touring 2-Dr Convertible||$230||$394||$408||$24||$122||$1,178||$98|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and New Jersey minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, claim-free, safe-driver, multi-policy, and homeowner. Prices do not factor in your specific Newark location which can lower or raise premium rates greatly.
Illustration showing the impact of accidents and violations
The information below demonstrates how speeding tickets and at-fault accidents can influence Mazda MX-5 Miata car insurance costs for different age categories. The premiums assume a single female driver, full physical damage coverage, $500 deductibles, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Car insurance rates by gender and age in Newark
The example below illustrates the difference between Mazda MX-5 Miata car insurance rates for male and female drivers. The data is based on a clean driving record, no claims, full coverage, $1,000 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Difference between liability only and full coverage rates
The diagram below shows the difference between Mazda MX-5 Miata insurance costs when comparing full coverage to liability only. The premiums assume a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
When to stop buying comprehensive and collision coverage
There is no clear-cut formula for dropping comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, but there is a general guideline you can use. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is more than 10% of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then you might consider buying liability only.
For example, let’s say your Mazda MX-5 Miata book value is $7,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most you would receive is $6,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If premiums are more than $600 annually to have full coverage, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
There are a few situations where dropping full coverage is not a good idea. If you haven’t paid off your loan, you must maintain physical damage coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should keep full coverage.
Affordable rates on Mazda MX-5 Miata insurance in Newark with these ten auto insurance discounts
Some providers don’t necessarily list every discount they offer very clearly, so the following is a list of a few of the more well known and the more hidden credits that you can use to lower your rates. If you do not double check each discount you deserve, you could be getting lower rates.
- Switch and Save Discount – Some larger companies provide a discount for buying a policy before your current MX-5 Miata insurance policy expires. This discount can save up to 10%.
- Homeowners Savings – Just owning your own home can help you save on auto insurance since owning and maintaining a home requires a higher level of personal finance.
- Sign Online – Some of the larger companies may give you up to $50 get Newark auto insurance over the internet.
- Auto/Home Discount – When you combine your home and auto insurance and place coverage with the same company you will save up to 20% off your total MX-5 Miata insurance premium.
- Accident Waiver – This one is not really a discount per se, but some insurance companies allow you one accident before hitting you with a surcharge as long as you don’t have any claims prior to the accident.
- Passive Restraints – Cars that have air bags or motorized seat belts can get savings of up to 25% or more.
- Driver Training Discounts – Successfully completing a course in safe driver could save 5% or more depending on where you live.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Drivers without accidents may save up to 50% more than drivers with accidents.
- Theft Deterrent System – Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices help deter theft and earn discounts up to 10% off your Newark auto insurance quote.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Buying coverage for multiple vehicles on one policy can get a discount for every vehicle.
A quick disclaimer, most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire policy premium. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. Even though it may seem like you can get free auto insurance, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business. But any discount should help reduce your policy premiums.
The information below shows the comparison of Mazda MX-5 Miata yearly insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the premium. The information is based on a male driver, no claims or driving citations, New Jersey state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, multi-policy, claim-free, marriage, multi-car, and homeowner discounts applied.
Car insurance companies that possibly offer some of the above discounts include:
Before buying, ask each insurance company which discounts you qualify for. All car insurance discounts might not be available to policyholders in Newark. To view insurers that offer discounts in New Jersey, follow this link.
Car insurance agents can find coverage gaps
Many people just want to get professional advice from a licensed agent and often times that is recommended Agents can help you build your policy and help you file claims. A good thing about comparing rate quotes online is you can get cheaper rates and also buy local. And supporting local agents is definitely important in Newark.
For easy comparison, once you complete this quick form, the coverage information is transmitted to agents in your area who will gladly provide quotes for your business. It’s much easier because you don’t need to do any legwork due to the fact that quote results will go instantly to you. If you wish to quote rates for a specific company, don’t hesitate to go to their quote page to submit a rate quote request.
If you’re trying to find a reputable agency, there are two different types of agencies from which to choose. Insurance agents are categorized either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Either can handle insurance, but it is important to understand the difference in the companies they write for because it can factor into the selection process.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent agencies often have affiliation with several companies and that allows them to write policies with any number of different companies and find you the best rates. If prices rise, your agent can switch companies and you don’t have to do anything. When searching for an agent, we highly recommend that you get some free quotes from several independent agencies to maximize your price options.
Below are Newark independent agencies that may be able to give you pricing information.
Cheap Car Insurance Quotes Auto Newark NJ
268 W KINNEY ST – Newark, NJ 07103 – (888) 290-0635 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These type of agents write business for a single company and some examples include State Farm or Allstate. These agents are unable to compare rates from other companies so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive agencies are well trained in insurance sales which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Newark that can give you price quotes.
Choosing the best auto insurance agent shouldn’t rely on just a cheap price. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- How long has their agency been in business in Newark?
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- What are their preferred companies if they are an independent agency?
- Do they assist clients in filing claims?
- Do they have a Better Business Bureau rating in Newark?
- Will they make sure you get an adequate claim settlement?
Learn about car insurance coverages for a Mazda MX-5 Miata
Understanding the coverages of a car insurance policy aids in choosing the best coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. The terms used in a policy can be ambiguous and coverage can change by endorsement. These are the usual coverages offered by car insurance companies.
Collision coverage protection
Collision insurance pays for damage to your MX-5 Miata resulting from a collision with an object or car. A deductible applies and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage protects against claims such as sustaining damage from a pot hole, damaging your car on a curb, crashing into a building, crashing into a ditch and colliding with another moving vehicle. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider removing coverage from older vehicles. Drivers also have the option to choose a higher deductible on your MX-5 Miata in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Coverage for liability
Liability insurance will cover damage or injury you incur to other people or property by causing an accident. It protects YOU from legal claims by others, and doesn’t cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. As an example, you may have limits of 15/30/5 which stand for a $15,000 limit per person for injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $30,000, and a limit of $5,000 paid for damaged property. Another option is a combined single limit or CSL which limits claims to one amount and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability can pay for claims like bail bonds, legal defense fees and emergency aid. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a personal decision, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as much as you can afford. New Jersey requires minimum liability limits of 15/30/5 but you should consider buying higher limits.
The illustration below demonstrates why low liability limits may not be enough.
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage gives you protection when other motorists do not carry enough liability coverage. This coverage pays for injuries to you and your family as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since many New Jersey drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits (New Jersey limits are 15/30/5), their limits can quickly be used up. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage should not be overlooked. Frequently your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Medical expense insurance
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP reimburse you for immediate expenses for things like hospital visits, nursing services, pain medications and X-ray expenses. They can be used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance plan or if there is no health insurance coverage. They cover all vehicle occupants and will also cover getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is not an option in every state and may carry a deductible
Comprehensive (Other than Collision)
Comprehensive insurance will pay to fix damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive insurance covers things like damage from flooding, hitting a bird, a tree branch falling on your vehicle and damage from a tornado or hurricane. The highest amount a car insurance company will pay at claim time is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle’s value is low consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Compare rates regularly to save
As you prepare to switch companies, never buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There are many occasions where someone dropped collision coverage only to regret at claim time that it was a big mistake. The proper strategy is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best possible price, not the least amount of coverage.
In this article, we presented some good ideas how to reduce Mazda MX-5 Miata insurance rates online in Newark. The key concept to understand is the more providers you compare, the better chance you’ll have of finding affordable Mazda MX-5 Miata insurance quotes. You may even find the lowest rates are with a small local company. These smaller insurers may have significantly lower car insurance rates on certain market segments compared to the large companies like Allstate or State Farm.
A few companies do not provide rate quotes online and these small, regional companies only sell coverage through local independent agents. Cheap Mazda MX-5 Miata insurance in Newark can be found on the web in addition to local insurance agencies, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best selection.
Steps to finding more affordable Mazda MX-5 Miata insurance in Newark
To save the most money, the best way to get cheaper Mazda MX-5 Miata insurance in Newark is to compare quotes annually from insurers who sell insurance in New Jersey. You can compare prices by completing these steps.
- First, try to comprehend individual coverages and the modifications you can make to keep rates low. Many rating criteria that increase rates such as your driving record and a negative credit history can be controlled by paying attention to minor details.
- Second, quote rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only provide price estimates from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agents can provide prices from many different companies.
- Third, compare the new quotes to the price on your current policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you can save some money and decide to switch, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Fourth, notify your agent or company of your intent to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit any necessary down payment along with the completed application for the new coverage. As soon as you receive it, keep the new proof of insurance paperwork somewhere easily accessible.
An important bit of advice to remember is that you use the same liability limits and deductibles on each quote request and and to look at all possible companies. This helps ensure the most accurate price comparison and a better comparison of the market.
More information can be read at these links:
- Liability Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates After a Speeding Ticket in Newark? (FAQ)
- Understanding Your Insurance Deductible (Insurance Information Institute)
- Avoiding Deer Collisions (Insurance Information Institute)
- Auto Insurance Learning Center (State Farm)
- Frontal Crash Tests (iihs.org)