Truthfully, the best way to get discount auto insurance rates in Newark is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from insurance carriers who provide auto insurance in New Jersey.
- First, get an understanding of car insurance and the things you can change to keep rates in check. Many factors that are responsible for high rates such as traffic violations and a bad credit rating can be rectified by paying attention to minor details.
- Second, quote rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only provide price estimates from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide prices from multiple insurance companies.
- Third, compare the price quotes to your current policy premium to see if a cheaper rate is available. If you find a better price, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Fourth, give notification to your current company to cancel your current policy and submit payment and a signed application for the new policy. Be sure to store the proof of insurance paperwork in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
One thing to remember is to try to compare the same deductibles and limits on every quote and and to get rates from as many companies as you can. This provides a fair rate comparison and a complete rate analysis.
Unbelievably, a large majority of drivers kept their coverage with the same insurance company for at least the last four years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never quoted rates to find cheap coverage. Most drivers in Newark could save an average of roughly $716 each year, but they assume it’s a waste of time to compare rate quotes online.
When price shopping your coverage, comparing more quotes increases your odds of finding better pricing. Some regional insurers cannot provide online rate quotes, so it’s important to compare price estimates from those companies as well.
The companies in the list below offer free rate quotes in New Jersey. To buy cheap auto insurance in NJ, we recommend you get prices from several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Why do I need car insurance?
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Kia Spectra in Newark, car insurance is a good idea for several reasons.
First, just about all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means the state requires specific limits of liability protection in order to drive the car legally. In New Jersey these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if your car has a lienholder, it’s guaranteed your bank will stipulate that you have insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank may buy a policy for your Kia at a much higher rate and require you to reimburse them the higher premium.
Third, car insurance protects both your Kia and your personal assets. Insurance will also pay for medical transport and hospital expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay to defend you if you are sued as the result of your driving. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of having insurance more than offset the price you pay, particularly when you have a large claim. Today the average American driver overpays more than $750 every year so compare quotes from several companies at least once a year to ensure rates are inline.
Do you qualify for discounts on Kia Spectra insurance in Newark?
Car insurance is not cheap nor is it fun to buy but there’s a good chance there are discounts that many people don’t even know exist. Some trigger automatically when you get a quote, but some need to be asked about before they will apply.
- Use Seat Belts – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to fasten their seat belts can save 10% or more off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Factory air bags could see savings up to 30%.
- Telematics Devices – Insureds who allow their car insurance company to track where and when they drive through the use of a telematics system such as Progressive’s Snapshot could save a few bucks if their driving habits are good.
- Paperless Signup – Certain companies may give you up to $50 for buying your policy on your computer.
- Early Signing – Select larger companies give a discount for switching to them early. You may see this discount when you get Newark auto insurance quotes online.
- Defensive Driver Discounts – Taking time to complete a course in safe driver could cut 5% off your bill and make you a better driver.
- Life Insurance – Companies who offer life insurance give a discounted premium rate on car insurance if you buy a life policy as well.
Don’t be surprised that most discount credits are not given to the whole policy. Most only reduce individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. If you do the math and it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, that’s just not realistic.
A few companies that have most of these discounts include:
When quoting, ask all the companies which discounts you may be entitled to. Depending on the company, some discounts may not apply in your area.
Insurance agencies near you
Certain consumers just want to sit down and talk to an agent and doing that can be a smart decision A nice benefit of getting free rate quotes online is that you can obtain cheap rate quotes and still have a local agent.
After completing this simple form, your insurance data is submitted to local insurance agents in Newark who will give you quotes for your business. It makes it easy because there is no need to drive around since price quotes are sent to you. You can find lower rates without requiring a lot of work. If you have a need to get a rate quote for a specific company, don’t hesitate to go to their quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Choosing an insurance company should depend on more than just the quoted price. A good agent in Newark will have answers to these questions.
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
- Will high miles depreciate repair valuations?
- Will the company cover a rental car if your car is getting fixed?
- Do they have designations such as AIC, CPCU, or CIC?
- Is there a Errors and Omissions policy in force?
- Do the coverages you’re quoting properly cover your vehicle?
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Do you work with a CSR or direct with the agent?
What types of car insurance agents are in Newark?
When narrowing the list to find a local insurance agency, you should know the different types of agencies to choose from. Auto insurance policy providers are considered either exclusive or independent.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type can only place business with one company and some examples include AAA, Allstate, and State Farm. They are unable to compare rates from other companies so they really need to provide good service. They are very knowledgeable in insurance sales and that can be a competitive advantage.
Shown below are Newark exclusive agents who can help you get rate quotes.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
These type of agents are not limited to a single company and that enables them to quote your coverage with an assortment of companies and find the cheapest auto insurance rates. If your premiums go up, your policy is moved internally without you having to go to a different agency. When shopping rates, it’s recommended you include multiple independent agents so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare.
Below are independent agents in Newark that can give you comparison quotes.
AMC Insurance Inc
Newark, NJ 07106 – Newark, NJ 07106 – (973) 373-3300 – View Map
Astor C Wilson Insurance Agency
88 Pacific St – Newark, NJ 07105 – (973) 491-0002 – View Map
When to get professional advice
When choosing proper insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really is no best way to insure your cars. Your situation is unique.
These are some specific questions may help you determine whether your personal situation would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Who sells insurance for high-risk drivers?
- Am I covered when delivering products for my home-based business?
- Should I buy additional glass protection?
- Does having multiple vehicles earn me a discount?
- Will my insurance pay for OEM parts?
- Can I rent a car in Mexico?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but one or more may apply to you, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form.
Shop smart and save
When you buy Newark auto insurance online, make sure you don’t buy poor coverage just to save money. In many cases, an insured dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to find out that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. The goal is to find the BEST coverage for the lowest cost, but do not skimp to save money.
Consumers who switch companies do it for any number of reasons including delays in responding to claim requests, denial of a claim, high rates after DUI convictions or even lack of trust in their agent. Whatever your reason, switching insurance companies is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
We just covered quite a bit of information on how to lower your Kia Spectra insurance car insurance rates in Newark. The key thing to remember is the more providers you compare, the higher your chance of finding affordable Newark auto insurance quotes. You may even discover the best price on insurance is with some of the smallest insurance companies.
More detailed insurance information is available by following these links:
- Choosing a Car for Your Teen (State Farm)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers Requiring a SR22 in Newark? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers with Accidents in Newark? (FAQ)
- Young Drivers: The High Risk Years Video (iihs.org)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- If I File a Claim will My Insurance Go Up? (Insurance Information Institute)