Anyone knows that auto insurance companies don't want you to look for a cheaper policy. Drivers who shop around for a cheaper policy will presumably buy a new policy because there is a significant possibility of finding a lower rate. A recent auto insurance study revealed that drivers who shopped around every year saved about $865 annually compared to drivers who don't make a habit of comparing rates.
If finding the lowest price for Chevy Volt insurance in Newark is your objective, then understanding how to get rate quotes and compare insurance can help you succeed in saving money.
If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to find cheaper auto insurance rates is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from insurers in Newark. Prices can be compared by following these guidelines.
- Step 1: Try to learn about how companies price auto insurance and the measures you can take to prevent high rates. Many rating criteria that increase rates like traffic tickets, fender benders, and poor credit rating can be rectified by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Step 2: Compare price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can provide rates from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agencies can provide price quotes from many different companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy premium and determine if cheaper Volt coverage is available in Newark. If you find a lower rate quote, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Provide proper notification to your current company to cancel your current coverage. Submit the completed application along with a down payment to the new insurer. When you receive it, put the certificate of insurance in an accessible location in your vehicle.
An important part of this process is to try to use the same deductibles and limits on each price quote and and to get quotes from as many companies as you can. This guarantees an accurate price comparison and a complete rate analysis.
Locating the most cost-effective insurance policy in Newark can be easy if you know a few tricks. Virtually every person who requires lower cost insurance stands a good chance to get better rates. Nevertheless, New Jersey car owners benefit from understanding the methods companies use to calculate your policy premium.
Car insurance discounts help lower rates for Chevy Volt insurance in Newark
Car insurance companies don't necessarily list every discount in an easy-to-find place, so the following is a list of a few of the more common and also the more inconspicuous discounts you could be receiving when you buy Newark auto insurance online.
- Low Miles Discount - Maintaining low annual mileage could qualify for lower rates due to less chance of an accident.
- Discount for Life Insurance - Not all companies offer life insurance, but some may give you lower rates if you buy a life insurance policy as well.
- New Car Discount - Buying a new car model can cost up to 25% less because new model year vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Early Signing - Some insurance companies give discounts for switching policies before your current expiration date. This can save 10% or more.
- Anti-lock Brakes - Cars with ABS braking systems or traction control can avoid accidents and will save you 10% or more on Volt insurance in Newark.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags - Factory options such as air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can get savings up to 30%.
- Use Seat Belts - Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Multiple Vehicles - Buying insurance for several vehicles with the same company can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
A quick disclaimer, many deductions do not apply to the whole policy. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. Even though the math looks like it's possible to get free car insurance, car insurance companies aren't that generous. But all discounts will cut the premium cost.
Companies that may have these money-saving discounts include:
When getting a coverage quote, ask all the companies the best way to save money. All car insurance discounts might not be offered in Newark.
Compare Chevy Volt insurance rates
When comparison shopping, there are several ways to compare rate quotes from different companies. The fastest way to find the cheapest Chevy Volt insurance rates is to use the internet to compare rates.
It's so fast and easy to compare rates online that it makes it obsolete to make phone calls or go to and from local insurance agencies. The fact that you can get quotes online eliminates the need for an insurance agent unless your situation requires the trained advice that only an agent can give. It is possible to get prices online but have your policy serviced through an agent. When price shopping your coverage, more quotes helps increase your odds of locating a lower rate than you're paying now.
The following companies offer free rate quotes in New Jersey. If multiple companies are listed, it's highly recommended you visit as many as you can in order to get a fair rate comparison.
How Your Volt Insurance Premiums are Determined
Lots of factors are used in the calculation when pricing auto insurance. Some factors are common sense such as your driving record, but other factors are less apparent such as your credit history or your commute time.
Performance affects prices - The performance level of the car, truck or SUV you are buying insurance for makes a significant difference in your car insurance bill. Lower performance four cylinder passenger cars usually have the lowest rates, but your final cost has many other factors.
Age of drivers - More mature drivers are proven to be safer behind the wheel, statistically cause fewer accidents, and get fewer tickets. Young drivers are statistically proven to be easily distracted when driving and because of this, their car insurance rates are much higher.
Pay more of a claim out-of-pocket - The deductibles represent how much money you are required to pay before a claim is paid by your company. Insurance for physical damage, also called comprehensive and collision insurance, insures against damage to your car. A few examples of covered claims would be colliding with a stationary object, damage caused by hail, or theft of your vehicle. The more the insured is willing to pay, the better rate you will receive.
Insurance rates for married couples - Having a spouse can get you a discount on your car insurance policy. Having a significant other generally demonstrates drivers are more mature and responsible and insurance companies like that being married results in fewer claims.
Liability protection is critical - Liability coverage will provide protection if a court rules you are at fault for personal injury or accident damage. It provides legal defense coverage to attempt to prove you were not liable. This coverage is relatively inexpensive compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so do not cut corners here.
Don't get traffic citations - Having just one chargeable violation could increase your next policy renewal twenty percent or more. Careful drivers receive lower rates than people who have multiple driving citations. Drivers unfortunate enough to have license-revoking tickets like DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions are required to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) to the state department of motor vehicles in order to prevent a license revocation.
Chevy Volt claim data - Car insurance companies use past loss statistics for each vehicle to calculate a rate that offsets possible losses. Vehicles that statistically have higher prevalence or dollar amount of losses will be charged more to insure. The data below shows the loss history for Chevy Volt vehicles.
For each policy coverage, the claim amount for all vehicles combined as an average is represented as 100. Percentage values below 100 indicate better than average losses, while values that are above 100 indicate frequent claims or tendency to have higher losses.
|Vehicle Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Chevrolet Volt Electric||89||83||81||71||73||90|
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Local insurance agents
A lot of people still like to get advice from a local agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases The best thing about comparing insurance prices online is you can get the lowest rates but still work with a licensed agent.
By using this form (opens in new window), the quote information is transmitted to local insurance agents in Newark that can provide free Newark auto insurance quotes to get your business. You don't have to do any legwork because quoted prices will be sent to the email address you provide. Get lower rates and a licensed agent to work with. In the event you want to compare prices from a particular provider, feel free to visit that company's website and fill out their quote form.
Picking a provider requires you to look at more than just the bottom line cost. Some important questions to ask are:
- Are they able to provide referrals?
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
- Are there any discounts for paying up front?
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
- What kind of financial rating does the company have?
- Can you contact them at any time?
What types of auto insurance agents are in Newark?
If you are searching for a reliable insurance agency, you should know the different types of agents and how they can write your policy. Agents in Newark can be categorized as either independent agents or exclusive agents.
These type of agents can usually just insure with one company such as State Farm, Allstate, or Farmers Insurance. These agents are unable to compare other company's rates so if the price isn't competitive there isn't much they can do. They are usually quite knowledgeable on their products and sales techniques and that enables them to sell even at higher rates.
Listed below are exclusive insurance agents in Newark who can help you get price quotes.
Agents in the independent channel can sell policies from many different companies so they can quote policies with lots of companies and find the cheapest auto insurance rates. If you want to switch companies, your policy is moved internally which requires no work on your part.
If you are comparing auto insurance prices, we recommend you get rate quotes from at least one independent agent in order to have the best price comparison.
Listed below is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Newark that can give you comparison quotes.
AMC Insurance Inc
Newark, NJ 07106 - Newark, NJ 07106 - (973) 373-3300 - View Map
Knight Insurance Consulting Group
454 Washington St - Newark, NJ 07102 - (973) 704-1024 - View Map
Why you need insurance
Despite the high cost, paying for insurance is required in New Jersey but it also protects you in many ways.
First, the majority of states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a specific minimum amount of liability coverage if you drive a vehicle. In New Jersey these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you bought your Volt with a loan, it's most likely the lender will have a requirement that you buy full coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the bank may buy a policy for your Chevy at a much higher rate and require you to fork over a much higher amount than you were paying before.
Third, insurance safeguards both your car and your assets. It will also pay for medical transport and hospital expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability coverage also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you cause an accident and are sued. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, your policy will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of having insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, particularly for liability claims. Today the average American driver is currently overpaying as much as $800 each year so you should quote your policy with other companies every year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
One last thing about your coverage
Budget-conscious Chevy Volt insurance is attainable both online as well as from independent agents in Newark, and you need to price shop both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance providers may not have rate quotes online and usually these small insurance companies sell through local independent agencies.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, don't be tempted to reduce needed coverages to save money. There have been many situations where drivers have reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to regret at claim time that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your aim should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at an affordable rate and still be able to protect your assets.
- Teen Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for a Learners Permit in Newark? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for a Toyota Tacoma in Newark? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers with Accidents in Newark? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Newark Car Insurance for High School Students? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Newark Auto Insurance Rates for 16 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- How Much is Newark Auto Insurance for a Ford Escape? (FAQ)
- Determining Your Vehicle's Value and Repair Cost (Insurance Information Institute)
- Where can I buy Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- All About Airbag Safety (State Farm)