Having to pay for overpriced car insurance in Newark can diminish your family’s budget and require stricter spending habits. Comparing cost estimates is an excellent way to reduce premiums and put more money in your pocket.
It’s an obvious assumption that car insurance companies don’t want you to look at other companies. Drivers who shop around for the cheapest rate will probably buy a new policy because the odds are good of finding a more affordable policy premium. A survey found that people who routinely compared quotes saved $72 a month as compared to drivers who never shopped around for lower prices.
If finding the lowest rates on insurance is your ultimate goal, then having some insight into how to get free comparison quotes and analyze cheaper coverage can make the process more efficient.
Steps to buying discount Chevy Silverado insurance in Newark
If you want to save the most money, the best way to get the cheapest car insurance rates in Newark is to compare prices regularly from insurance carriers in New Jersey.
First, take a little time to learn about car insurance and the changes you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating criteria that drive up the price like at-fault accidents, careless driving, and an unacceptable credit history can be remedied by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes. This article provides information to keep prices down and find discounts that you may qualify for.
Second, compare prices from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give rate quotes from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can quote rates from multiple insurance companies.
Third, compare the new rates to your current policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a lower rate and decide to switch, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
Fourth, notify your current company of your decision to cancel your existing policy. Submit a down payment along with a completed application to your new company or agent. Be sure to put the certificate verifying proof of insurance in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
A good tip to remember is to make sure you enter the same amount of coverage on every price quote and to quote with every company you can. This guarantees an accurate price comparison and a complete price analysis.
You have multiple auto insurance companies to buy insurance from, and though it is a good thing to be able to choose, more choices can make it harder to find the lowest rates for Chevy Silverado insurance in Newark.
You should make it a habit to do rate comparisons yearly because car insurance prices go up and down regularly. Even if you think you had the lowest rates on Chevy Silverado insurance in Newark a few years ago other companies may now be cheaper. Block out anything you think you know about car insurance because it’s time to teach you the fastest way to save on car insurance.
It’s important to know that getting more free quotes helps increase your odds of locating more affordable rates. Not every company allows you to get online Newark Silverado insurance quotes, so you should also compare quotes from those companies as well.
The providers in the list below are ready to provide price comparisons in Newark, NJ. If you want cheap car insurance in NJ, we suggest you visit several of them to find the lowest car insurance rates.
Chevy Silverado insurance charts and tables
The information shown below showcases estimates of coverage costs for Chevy Silverado models. Being able to understand how car insurance prices are determined helps drivers make informed decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Silverado LS Regular Cab 2WD||$314||$504||$554||$32||$166||$1,570||$131|
|Silverado LS Regular Cab 4WD||$314||$504||$490||$30||$146||$1,484||$124|
|Silverado LT Regular Cab 2WD||$360||$614||$554||$32||$166||$1,726||$144|
|Silverado LT Regular Cab||$360||$614||$554||$32||$166||$1,726||$144|
|Silverado LS Extended Cab 4WD||$360||$614||$490||$30||$146||$1,640||$137|
|Silverado LT Extended Cab 4WD||$360||$614||$490||$30||$146||$1,640||$137|
|Silverado LT Extended Cab 2WD||$360||$614||$554||$32||$166||$1,726||$144|
|Silverado LS Extended Cab 2WD||$360||$614||$554||$32||$166||$1,726||$144|
|Silverado LT Crew Cab 4WD||$406||$722||$490||$30||$146||$1,794||$150|
|Silverado LS Crew Cab 2WD||$406||$722||$554||$32||$166||$1,880||$157|
|Silverado LS Crew Cab 4WD||$406||$722||$490||$30||$146||$1,794||$150|
|Silverado LT Crew Cab 2WD||$406||$722||$554||$32||$166||$1,880||$157|
|Silverado LTZ Extended Cab 2WD||$406||$722||$554||$32||$166||$1,880||$157|
|Silverado LTZ Extended Cab 4WD||$406||$722||$490||$30||$146||$1,794||$150|
|Silverado LTZ Crew Cab 2WD||$406||$722||$554||$32||$166||$1,880||$157|
|Silverado LTZ Crew Cab 4WD||$406||$722||$490||$30||$146||$1,794||$150|
|Silverado Crew Cab Hybrid 2WD||$406||$832||$490||$30||$146||$1,904||$159|
|Silverado Crew Cab Hybrid 4WD||$452||$832||$490||$30||$146||$1,950||$163|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Price data assumes married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and New Jersey minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, homeowner, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and safe-driver. Rates do not factor in vehicle location which can increase or decrease premiums greatly.
Male drivers versus female drivers
The example below shows the comparison of Chevy Silverado insurance costs for male and female drivers. The rate quotes are based on no violations or claims, full coverage, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Score discounts on Newark insurance
Car insurance companies don’t always advertise all their discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the next list breaks down some of the best known and also the more inconspicuous credits that may apply to you. If you are not receiving all the discounts you qualify for, you are not getting the best rate possible.
- Safety Course Discount – Participating in a course teaching defensive driving skills may get you a small discount if your company offers it.
- Braking Control Discount – Vehicles with ABS braking systems or traction control are much safer to drive and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Not all companies offer life insurance, but some may give you a break if you buy life insurance.
- Driver’s Education for Students – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers successfully take a driver’s education course in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Government Employees – Simply working for the federal government may reduce rates when you quote Newark car insurance depending on your insurance provider.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags or automatic seat belts could see savings of more than 20%.
- Early Renewal Discounts – Some insurance companies give discounts for switching policies early. You could save around 10% when you buy Newark car insurance online.
- Newark Homeowners Pay Less – Just owning your own home can help you save on insurance because owning a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- Telematics Data Discounts – Insureds who allow driving data submission to scrutinize driving patterns by using a telematics device such as Progressive’s Snapshot and State Farm’s In-Drive could save a few bucks if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Pay Early and Save – If you pay your bill all at once rather than paying in monthly installments you may reduce your total bill.
You should keep in mind that many deductions do not apply to the whole policy. Most cut specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. If you do the math and it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, you won’t be that lucky.
The diagram below shows the difference between Chevy Silverado car insurance rates with and without discounts applied to the policy rates. The costs are based on a male driver, no accidents or driving violations, New Jersey state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, multi-policy, marriage, multi-car, homeowner, and safe-driver discounts applied.
Popular insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are outlined below.
- State Farm offers discounts including anti-theft, student away at school, Drive Safe & Save, good student, and good driver.
- Esurance may have discounts that include claim free, multi-policy, anti-theft, Switch & Save, online shopper, and multi-car.
- Progressive includes discounts for homeowner, continuous coverage, online quote discount, multi-policy, good student, and multi-vehicle.
- Liberty Mutual may offer discounts for new vehicle discount, safety features, hybrid vehicle, good student, exclusive group savings, multi-policy, and newly married.
- Auto-Owners Insurance discounts include group or association, good student, teen driver, air bags, and student away at school.
- GEICO has discounts for air bags, multi-policy, membership and employees, federal employee, seat belt use, defensive driver, and anti-lock brakes.
Before you buy a policy, ask all the companies which discounts can lower your rates. Some credits may not be offered in your state. For a list of insurers who offer insurance discounts in Newark, click here to view.
Car insurance is an important decision
Despite the potentially high cost of Chevy Silverado insurance, insurance is required by state law in New Jersey and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
- Most states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to carry specific limits of liability coverage in order to license the vehicle. In New Jersey these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Chevy has a loan, it’s most likely the lender will require that you have comprehensive coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank may insure your Chevy at a much higher rate and require you to pay for the expensive policy.
- Insurance protects not only your vehicle but also your financial assets. Insurance will also pay for medical bills for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability coverage also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If your Chevy gets damaged, your policy will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of buying enough insurance greatly outweigh the cost, especially with large liability claims. As of last year, the average driver in New Jersey is overpaying over $800 each year so compare rates each time the policy renews to ensure rates are inline.
Newark auto insurance companies ranked
Picking a highly-rated insurance provider is difficult considering how many different insurance companies sell coverage in New Jersey. The company rank data shown below could help you choose which auto insurance companies you want to consider shopping prices with.
Top 10 Newark Car Insurance Companies Overall
- Mercury Insurance
- The Hartford
- State Farm
- Farmers Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- 21st Century
Top 10 Newark Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- GEICO – A++
- Travelers – A++
- State Farm – A++
- USAA – A++
- Allstate – A+
- Nationwide – A+
- Mercury Insurance – A+
- Progressive – A+
- The Hartford – A+
- Esurance – A+
What is the best insurance coverage?
When quoting and comparing adequate coverage, there isn’t really a one-size-fits-all type of policy. Everyone’s situation is unique.
These are some specific questions can help discover if your insurance needs would benefit from professional advice.
- Are my friends covered when driving my Chevy Silverado?
- Can I drive in Mexico and have coverage?
- What does UM/UIM cover?
- Can I afford low physical damage deductibles?
- What can I do if my company won’t pay a claim?
- Will my Chevy Silverado be repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- What does medical payments coverage do?
- What is an umbrella policy?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but one or more may apply to you, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form.
When to talk to an insurance agent
Some people just prefer to get advice from a local agent and doing so can bring peace of mind One of the great benefits of comparing insurance prices online is that you can obtain lower rates but still work with a licensed agent.
Upon completion of this form (opens in new window), the quote information is sent to local insurance agents in Newark who can give free rate quotes for your auto insurance coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to search for an agent since rate quotes are delivered directly to you. You can find the lowest rates without a big time investment. In the event you want to quote rates from a specific insurance company, don’t hesitate to jump over to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Finding a good insurer should include more criteria than just the bottom line cost. Below are some questions you should ask.
- Do you need full coverage on every vehicle?
- How long has their agency been open in Newark?
- What are their preferred companies if they are an independent agency?
- Will the agent help in case of a claim?
- Do they have a Better Business Bureau rating in Newark?
If you are wanting to find a local insurance agency, it’s helpful to know the types of agencies that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Newark agents are either independent or exclusive.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agents can only provide pricing for a single company and examples are State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. These agents are unable to compare rates from other companies so they really need to provide good service. These agents are usually quite knowledgeable on the products they sell which helps them sell on service rather than price.
Shown below are exclusive insurance agencies in Newark that can give you comparison quotes.
Independent insurance agents are not employed by any specific company and that allows them to write policies amongst many companies and find you the best rates. If your premiums go up, your agent can just switch to a different company and you don’t have to switch agencies.
If you need cheaper auto insurance rates, you should always get rate quotes from several independent agencies for the best price selection.
Shown below are Newark independent insurance agencies who can help you get price quote information.
Preferred Choice Insurance Agency
225 Newark Ave – Jersey City, NJ 07302 – (201) 616-7644 – View Map
Upon receiving reasonable responses to all your questions as well as a affordable price, you’ve probably found an insurance agency that can be trusted to service your policy.
Auto insurance coverage information
Knowing the specifics of your insurance policy aids in choosing the best coverages and proper limits and deductibles. Insurance terms can be confusing and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Collision coverage – This coverage will pay to fix damage to your Silverado caused by collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. You will need to pay your deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision can pay for things like rolling your car, colliding with another moving vehicle and hitting a mailbox. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider dropping it from lower value vehicles. Drivers also have the option to increase the deductible on your Silverado to bring the cost down.
Comprehensive protection – Comprehensive insurance coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive can pay for claims such as vandalism, hitting a bird, a tree branch falling on your vehicle, rock chips in glass and hail damage. The most you’ll receive from a claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle’s value is low it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Medical expense coverage – Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP provide coverage for expenses for prosthetic devices, dental work, nursing services and surgery. They are often used to fill the gap from your health insurance plan or if you are not covered by health insurance. Medical payments and PIP cover you and your occupants and will also cover being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP coverage is not available in all states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Liability – This coverage will cover damages or injuries you inflict on people or other property. It protects YOU from claims by other people. Liability doesn’t cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You might see limits of 15/30/5 that translate to $15,000 bodily injury coverage, a limit of $30,000 in injury protection per accident, and property damage coverage for $5,000.
Liability insurance covers claims such as attorney fees, medical expenses, legal defense fees, court costs and structural damage. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a decision to put some thought into, but you should buy as high a limit as you can afford. New Jersey requires drivers to carry at least 15/30/5 but you should consider buying more coverage.
The next chart demonstrates why the minimum limit may not be adequate.
Uninsured or underinsured coverage – This provides protection when other motorists either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. It can pay for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants and also any damage incurred to your Chevy Silverado.
Because many people have only the minimum liability required by law (which is 15/30/5), their limits can quickly be used up. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages should not be overlooked.