Unbelievable but true according to a study most drivers have stayed with the same insurance company for well over three years, and nearly half have never compared car insurance rates at all. Most drivers in New Jersey can cut their rates by roughly 40% a year just by comparing rates, but they just assume it's a time-consuming process to compare rates.
If you want to save money, the best way to get cheaper Buick Verano insurance is to annually compare prices from companies who can sell car insurance in Newark.
- Try to understand the different coverages in a policy and the measures you can take to keep rates low. Many rating criteria that cause rate increases such as speeding tickets, careless driving and a negative credit score can be rectified by paying attention to minor details. Keep reading for the details to get cheaper rates and find available discounts that you may qualify for.
- Compare price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only quote rates from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can quote prices from multiple insurance companies.
- Compare the price quotes to your existing rates and determine if cheaper Verano coverage is available in Newark. If you find a better price, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Tell your current agent or company of your intent to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit a completed application and payment for your new coverage. Immediately safely store the proof of insurance certificate in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
A crucial key to this process is that you'll want to compare identical deductibles and limits on each quote request and and to compare as many different insurance providers as possible. This ensures the most accurate price comparison and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
If you have insurance now, you stand a good chance to be able to find the best rates using the ideas you're about to read. Buying the cheapest insurance coverage in Newark is actually quite simple. Although New Jersey car owners do need to learn how insurance companies determine what you pay because it can help you find the best coverage.
Just keep in mind that comparing a wide range of rates helps increase your odds of locating lower pricing.
The providers in the list below are our best choices to provide comparison quotes in New Jersey. To buy cheap auto insurance in New Jersey, it's highly recommended you compare several of them to get the most affordable price.
Auto insurance is an important decision
Despite the high insurance cost for a Buick Verano in Newark, maintaining insurance is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
- Most states have mandatory insurance requirements which means state laws require a minimum amount of liability coverage in order to drive the car. In New Jersey these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your vehicle, most banks will have a requirement that you have full coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank may insure your Buick for a much higher rate and require you to fork over for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance protects your Buick and your assets. It will also cover all forms of medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you cause an accident and are sued. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, your policy will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of buying auto insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. The average driver in America overpays as much as $800 each year so it's important to compare rates at every renewal to ensure rates are inline.
Cheap Newark car insurance rates with discounts
Car insurance companies don't always list all available discounts in a way that's easy to find, so we researched a few of the more common as well as the least known ways to save on car insurance.
- Discount for Multiple Policies - If you combine your auto and homeowners policies with one insurance company you could get a discount of as much as 10 to 15 percent.
- Claim Free - Newark drivers who stay claim-free get the best car insurance rates in comparison to accident-prone drivers.
- New Vehicle Savings - Buying a new car instead of a used Verano is cheaper because newer models are generally safer.
- Passenger Safety Discount - Factory options such as air bags can get savings of 20% or more.
- Student Discounts - Performing well in school could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. Many companies even apply the discount to college students well after school through age 25.
- Newark Homeowners Discount - Just owning your own home can get you a discount because it shows financial diligence.
- Pay Now and Pay Less - If you pay your entire premium ahead of time instead of monthly or quarterly installments you may reduce your total bill.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured - Having multiple cars with one company can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Seat Belt Discounts - Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to fasten their seat belts can save a little off the personal injury premium cost.
As a disclaimer on discounts, some credits don't apply to the whole policy. A few only apply to individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. Just because it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, it's just not the way it works.
To locate providers with discount car insurance rates in Newark, click this link.
Car insurance agents near you
Certain consumers still like to buy from a local agent and often times that is recommended One of the best bonuses of getting free rate quotes online is the fact that drivers can get cheap rate quotes and also buy local. And providing support for neighborhood insurance agencies is definitely important in Newark.
For easy comparison, once you complete this simple form, your information is submitted to participating agents in Newark who want to provide quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no reason to find an agent on your own as quotes are delivered to you instantly. You can find better rates and a licensed agent to talk to. If you need to get a comparison quote for a specific company, you just need to visit that company's website to submit a rate quote request.
Independent or Exclusive: It's your choice
If you want to buy auto insurance from a good insurance agency, there are two different types of agencies and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Newark agents may be either exclusive agents or independent agents.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents that choose to be independent do not work for one specific company so they can quote policies with multiple insurance companies and get the cheapest rates. If you want to switch companies, the business is moved internally and that require little work on your part.
If you need cheaper auto insurance rates, you will want to include at a minimum one independent agency for maximum quote selection. Many write coverage with companies you've never heard of that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
Shown below is a small list of independent insurance agencies in Newark that may be able to give you free auto insurance rate quotes.
- Massey Insurance
46 Lyons Ave - Newark, NJ 07112 - (973) 926-6300 - View Map
- Newark Cheaper Auto Insurance
11 Mulberry St - Newark, NJ 07102 - (206) 337-9544 - View Map
- George H Nixon Agency
54 Grumman Ave - Newark, NJ 07112 - (973) 923-3721 - View Map
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agencies can only place business with one company such as Allstate, Farmers Insurance, State Farm, and AAA. They generally cannot provide other company's prices so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive agencies are well trained on what they offer and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Some insured continue to buy from exclusive agents partially due to loyalty to the company and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Listed below are Newark exclusive insurance agencies that are able to give price quote information.
- State Farm: Greg Daniels
681 1/2 Mt Prospect Ave - Newark, NJ 07104 - (973) 484-5772 - View Map
- Farmers Insurance - Christine Veliz
229 Bloomfield Ave - Newark, NJ 07104 - (973) 482-1975 - View Map
- State Farm Insurance
360 Chestnut St - Newark, NJ 07105 - (800) 701-5909 - View Map
Picking the best car insurance agent requires more thought than just a low price. Any good agent in Newark should know the answers to these questions.
- By raising physical damage deductibles, how much would you save?
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies in Newark?
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
- Are they actively involved in the community?
Persistence pays off
People leave their current company for any number of reasons including high prices, delays in responding to claim requests, delays in paying claims or even not issuing a premium refund. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding a great new company is actually quite simple.
We just presented a lot of techniques to get a better price on Buick Verano insurance in Newark. The key thing to remember is the more price quotes you have, the better your chances of lowering your prices. You may even be surprised to find that the best price on insurance is with a small mutual company.
As you prepare to switch companies, don't be tempted to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are many occasions where drivers have reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits and learned later that they should have had better coverage. The proper strategy is to buy enough coverage for the lowest cost but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
To learn more, take a look at the articles below:
- Should I Buy a New or Used Car? (Allstate)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Inexperienced Drivers in Newark? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers with Accidents in Newark? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Newark Auto Insurance for Drivers with a Bad Driving Record? (FAQ)
- Higher speed limits cause more fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Airbag FAQ (iihs.org)
- Eight Auto Insurance Myths (Insurance Information Institute)
- Auto Insurance Basics (Insurance Information Institute)