Sadly, nearly 70% of consumers have been with the same company for well over three years, and almost half have never even compared quotes to find cheap rates. U.S. consumers could save roughly $860 every year, but they just assume it's a time-consuming process to compare rate quotes.
The recommended way to find low-cost prices for Lincoln MKS insurance is to regularly compare quotes from insurers who can sell car insurance in Newark.
- Take a few minutes and learn about how companies set rates and the measures you can take to keep rates low. Many policy risk factors that are responsible for high rates such as accidents, traffic violations, and a less-than-favorable credit history can be eliminated by making minor changes in your lifestyle. Continue reading for additional tips to keep prices down and find more discounts that you may not know about.
- Compare rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only give prices from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can quote prices from many different companies.
- Compare the new quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you can save some money and buy the policy, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
An important note is to try to use similar deductibles and liability limits on every quote request and and to get rate quotes from as many companies as possible. This provides a level playing field and the best price selection.
The following companies have been selected to offer free rate quotes in New Jersey. To get the best cheap auto insurance in Newark, NJ, we recommend you get rate quotes from several of them to get the best price comparison.
Analysis of coverages
The coverage table displayed next outlines a range of insurance rates for Lincoln MKS models. Having a better understanding of how auto insurance prices are calculated helps drivers make informed decisions when comparing rate quotes.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|MKS AWD 4-Dr Sedan||$248||$524||$428||$26||$128||$1,354||$113|
|MKS 4-Dr Sedan||$248||$524||$428||$26||$128||$1,354||$113|
|MKS Ecoboost AWD 4-Dr Sedan||$274||$592||$428||$26||$128||$1,448||$121|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and New Jersey minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, homeowner, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy. Rate quotes do not factor in your specific Newark location which can decrease or increase coverage prices substantially.
The chart below shows how choosing a deductible and can influence Lincoln MKS insurance costs for different age groups. The rate quotes are based on a married male driver, full coverage, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Annual premiums for males versus females
The illustration below illustrates the difference between Lincoln MKS insurance costs for male and female drivers. The information is based on a clean driving record, no claims, full physical damage coverage, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are applied.
Discounts can help to save on Lincoln MKS insurance in Newark
Auto insurance companies don't always advertise all their discounts very clearly, so the next list breaks down both the well known as well as the least known ways to save on insurance.
- Government Employee Discount - Employees or retirees of the government may reduce rates when you quote Newark auto insurance with some insurance companies.
- Driver Safety - Completing a course teaching defensive driver skills is a good idea and can lower rates depending on where you live.
- Smart Student Discounts - Performing well in school may save as much as 25% on a Newark auto insurance quote. Most companies allow this discount up to age 25.
- Distant College Student Discount - Children living away from Newark attending college without a vehicle on campus may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Save over 55 - If you qualify as a senior citizen, you can get a discount up to 10%.
- Drive Safe and Save - Accident-free drivers can pay as much as 50% less than their less cautious counterparts.
- Accident-Free Discounts - Newark drivers who stay claim-free have much lower rates when compared with accident-prone drivers.
- Driver's Ed - Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to participate in a local driver's education class if it's offered in school.
- Bundle and Save - When you combine your home and auto insurance with the same insurance company you could save approximately 10% to 15%.
- Theft Prevention Discount - Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft and will qualify for a discount on a Newark auto insurance quote.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that most credits do not apply to your bottom line cost. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. So even though they make it sound like it's possible to get free car insurance, nobody gets a free ride.
The illustration below visualizes the comparison of Lincoln MKS insurance premiums with and without policy discounts. The premiums are based on a female driver, a clean driving record, no claims, New Jersey state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, claim-free, safe-driver, homeowner, multi-policy, and multi-car discounts applied.
Insurance companies that have these discounts include:
Check with every insurance company which discounts can lower your rates. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not apply to policyholders in every state. To view insurers who offer insurance discounts in New Jersey, follow this link.
Why you need insurance for your Lincoln MKS
Even though it's not necessarily cheap to insure a Lincoln in Newark, maintaining insurance is required by state law in New Jersey and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
- Just about all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific minimum amount of liability insurance in order to drive the car legally. In New Jersey these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Lincoln MKS has a loan, most banks will require you to have comprehensive coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the bank may buy a policy for your Lincoln for a lot more money and force you to pay the higher price.
- Insurance safeguards not only your vehicle but also your financial assets. It will also pay for most medical and hospital costs that are the result of an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, will also pay for a defense attorney if you are sued as the result of your driving. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of insuring your car outweigh the cost, particularly for liability claims. But the average driver in New Jersey is wasting up to $830 a year so shop around at every policy renewal to make sure the price is not too high.
How to find a good Newark auto insurance company
Choosing the right company can be a challenge considering how many companies sell insurance in New Jersey. The company rank data shown next could help you decide which car insurance providers to look at comparing prices from.
Top 10 Newark Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- Liberty Mutual
- State Farm
- 21st Century
- The Hartford
- Farmers Insurance
Top 10 Newark Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- Mercury Insurance
- The Hartford
- American Family
- State Farm
- Farmers Insurance
Exclusive or independent car insurance agents
Many drivers still prefer to buy from a local agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases Good insurance agents can answer important questions and help you file claims. The biggest benefit of getting free rate quotes online is the fact that drivers can get the lowest rates and still have a local agent.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this quick form, the quote information is emailed to agents in your area who will gladly provide quotes for your coverage. You never need to visit any agencies due to the fact that quote results will go to you directly. In the event you want to get a rate quote from a particular provider, don't hesitate to visit that company's website and submit a quote form there.
Finding a good company requires you to look at more than just a low price. Here are some questions to ask:
- How many years have they been established?
- Will you work with the agent or an assistant?
- Will you get a loaner vehicle if you car is being repaired?
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
- How will an accident affect your rates?
Different types of Newark car insurance agents
If you want to use a local insurance agency, there are two types of agencies and how they operate. Insurance agencies in Newark are considered either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Either one can insure your vehicles properly, but it is a good idea to know why they differ since it could factor into the selection process.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
Exclusive agents are contracted to one company such as Farmers Insurance, State Farm, Allstate, and AAA. These agents are not able to compare rates from other companies so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive agents receive extensive training on their company's products which can be an advantage.
Below is a list of exclusive agents in Newark who can help you get price quotes.
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type are normally appointed by many insurers and that is an advantage because they can write policies through many companies and find the cheapest auto insurance rates. If prices rise, an independent agent can move your coverage which makes it simple for you. If you are comparing rate quotes, you definitely need to compare quotes from at a minimum one independent agency so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare.
Below is a short list of independent agents in Newark who can help you get rate quotes.
Newark Cheaper Auto Insurance
11 Mulberry St - Newark, NJ 07102 - (206) 337-9544 - View Map
Preferred Choice Insurance Agency
225 Newark Ave - Jersey City, NJ 07302 - (201) 616-7644 - View Map
After getting answers to your satisfaction to all your questions and a low price estimate, chances are good that you have found a car insurance agent that will service your policy. But keep in mind consumers can cancel your policy any time you want so don't think you're contractually obligated to a specific agent with no way to switch.