How long has it been since you sat down and looked for more competitive Chevy TrailBlazer insurance in Newark? Purchasing more affordable Newark Chevy TrailBlazer insurance quotes may be impossible for people who are beginners to quoting and online price comparisons. With literally dozens of insurance companies available, how can people have the ability to compare all the different companies and get cheaper auto insurance rates?
Steps to buying affordable Chevy TrailBlazer insurance in Newark
If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to get the cheapest auto insurance rates is to do a yearly price comparison from different companies that insure vehicles in Newark.
- Read about how companies set rates and the things you can change to keep rates low. Many policy risk factors that result in higher prices such as tickets, at-fault accidents, and an imperfect credit rating can be eliminated by being financially responsible and driving safely. This article provides ideas to help prevent high rates and find additional discounts you may qualify for.
- Obtain price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can only give rate quotes from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agencies can give you price quotes from multiple insurance companies. View a list of agents
- Compare the price quotes to your current policy premium to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find a better price, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Provide written notification to your current company of your decision to cancel your current policy. Submit a signed application and payment to your new carrier. Make sure you safely store the proof of insurance paperwork with your registration paperwork.
An essential thing to point out is that you’ll want to make sure you compare identical coverages on each price quote and to quote with as many companies as possible. Doing this guarantees a level playing field and a complete rate analysis.
Astonishing but true, nearly 70% of New Jersey drivers kept their coverage with the same auto insurance company for at least four years, and practically 40% of auto insurance customers have never quoted rates to find cheap coverage. With the average premium in the U.S. being $1,847, drivers could cut their rates by nearly 47% a year by just shopping around, but they just don’t understand how easy it is to shop around.
Save money with these price cutting discounts
Some insurance providers don’t necessarily list their entire list of discounts very well, so the below list has some of the best known and the harder-to-find credits that you can use to lower your rates.
- Discount for Good Grades – Maintaining excellent grades can save 20 to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you up until you turn 25.
- Defensive Driving Course – Completing a safe driver class may get you a small discount if you qualify.
- Senior Discount – Drivers that qualify as senior citizens are able to get better auto insurance rates.
- Air Bag Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can qualify for discounts of more than 20%.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to fasten their seat belts can save a little on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Pay Early and Save – By paying your policy upfront rather than paying monthly you can actually save on your bill.
- Multi-line Discount – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn a small discount if you purchase a life policy as well.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Cars optioned with advanced anti-theft systems are less likely to be stolen and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- No Claims – Drivers who don’t have accidents have much lower rates when compared with frequent claim filers.
We need to note that many deductions do not apply to the entire cost. Most only reduce individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. So despite the fact that it appears adding up those discounts means a free policy, that’s just not realistic.
To see a list of insurance companies who offer cheap Chevy TrailBlazer insurance quotes in Newark in Newark, click here.
When quoting insurance, remember that getting more free quotes helps increase your odds of locating the best rates. Some smaller insurers do not give online Newark TrailBlazer insurance quotes, so you should also compare rates from them, too.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer price quotes in New Jersey. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you get prices from several of them in order to find the lowest rates.
Five Things That Affect Your Insurance Premiums
It’s important that you understand some of the things that aid in calculating the price you pay for insurance. If you have a feel for what impacts premium levels, this enables informed choices that will entitle you to lower rates.
Shown below are a few of the “ingredients” insurance companies consider when setting premiums.
Never have insurance lapses – Having a lapse in insurance coverage will be a sure-fire way to increase your rates. Not only will you pay more, not being able to provide proof of insurance may earn you a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license.
Driving citations are costly – Your driving record has a huge affect on how much you pay. Having just one ticket could increase your next policy renewal forty percent or more. Good drivers get better prices than their less careful counterparts. Drivers who get license-revoking violations like reckless driving or DUI may be required to complete a SR-22 with the DMV in their state in order to prevent their license from being revoked.
Fewer miles means better prices – Driving a lot of miles every year the more it will cost to insure it. Almost all companies calculate rates based upon how much you drive. Autos used primarily for pleasure use cost less to insure than vehicles that have high annual mileage. Verify your insurance policy correctly shows how each vehicle is driven. Having the wrong rating on your TrailBlazer is just wasting money.
How many coverages with the same company – Most larger insurance companies give lower prices to clients that have more than one policy, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Discounts can add up to ten or even up to twenty percent in some cases. Even if you qualify for this discount already, it’s always a smart idea to get quotes from other companies to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible. Consumers may find lower rates by insuring with multiple companies.
Pay more out-of-pocket – Deductibles for physical damage define how much you are willing to pay in the event of a claim. Protection for physical damage, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, insures against damage to your car. A few examples of covered claims are colliding with a stationary object, animal collisions, and damage from wind. The more expense the insured has to pay upfront, the bigger discount you will receive.
When do I need an agent’s advice?
When selecting insurance from an agent or online for your vehicles, there is no best way to insure your cars. Everyone’s situation is unique and your policy should reflect that. Here are some questions about coverages that can help discover whether your personal situation could use an agent’s help.
- Is my custom stereo system covered?
- Will my insurance pay for OEM parts?
- What is an umbrella policy?
- Do I need medical payments coverage since I have good health insurance?
- Am I insured when driving a different vehicle?
- Can I make deliveries for my home business?
- Does coverage extend to a rental car in a foreign country?
- Does having multiple vehicles earn me a discount?
Local neighborhood insurance agents
Some consumers would prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and we recommend doing that A good thing about comparing auto insurance online is that you can obtain cheaper premium rates but also keep your business local. Putting coverage with neighborhood insurance agencies is still important in Newark.
Upon completion of this simple form, your insurance data is sent to agents in your area who will gladly provide quotes for your coverage. There is no need to search for any insurance agencies because quoted prices will be sent to you. You’ll get the best rates and work with a local agent. If you have a need to get a rate quote from a specific insurance company, don’t hesitate to visit that company’s website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Choose the right car insurance agent
When looking for an insurance agent, it can be helpful to understand the types of insurance agents to choose from. Auto insurance policy providers can be described as either exclusive or independent.
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies or Brokers
Agents that choose to be independent often have many company appointments so they can quote policies with an assortment of companies and get you the best rates possible. If they find a lower price, the agent simply finds a different carrier without you having to go to a different agency. When comparing rate quotes, you need to include price quotes from at a minimum one independent agency in order to have the best price comparison. Many write coverage with smaller mutual companies which can be an advantage.
Featured below are independent agencies in Newark who may provide free auto insurance quotes.
- N J Insurance Underwriting
744 Broad St # 1100 – Newark, NJ 07102 – (973) 622-3838 – View Map
- Dependable Insurance Agency Inc
1030 S Orange Ave – Newark, NJ 07106 – (973) 372-0002 – View Map
- Ironbound Business Insurance
275 Chestnut St – Newark, NJ 07105 – (866) 497-1001 – View Map
These agents generally can only insure with one company and some examples include Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. Exclusive agencies are unable to give you multiple price quotes so you might not find the best rates. They receive a lot of sales training on sales techniques which can be an advantage. Some consumers prefer to choose to use an exclusive agent mostly because of loyalty to the company and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Listed below are exclusive insurance agents in Newark who can help you get rate quotes.
- State Farm: Greg Daniels
681 1/2 Mt Prospect Ave – Newark, NJ 07104 – (973) 484-5772 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance – Christine Veliz
229 Bloomfield Ave – Newark, NJ 07104 – (973) 482-1975 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance: Anthony Pugliese
217 Chestnut St – Newark, NJ 07105 – (973) 536-2060 – View Map
Selecting an auto insurance agent is decision based upon more than just the bottom line cost. You should also get answers to these questions.
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
- Does the company have a local claim office in Newark?
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
- Do the coverages you’re quoting properly cover your vehicle?
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- How will an accident affect your rates?
- Who is covered by the car insurance policy?
Auto insurance just makes sense
Despite the potentially high cost of Chevy TrailBlazer insurance, auto insurance is required in New Jersey but also provides important benefits.
- Just about all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific limits of liability insurance in order to drive the car legally. In New Jersey these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Chevy, almost all lenders will force you to buy full coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank will be required to insure your Chevy at a much higher rate and require you to reimburse them the higher price.
- Auto insurance protects both your vehicle and your personal assets. Insurance will also pay for medical transport and hospital expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of buying auto insurance greatly outweigh the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver is currently overpaying as much as $830 a year so you should quote your policy with other companies at every renewal to make sure the price is not too high.
A conclusion for your car insurance search
As you prepare to switch companies, it’s a bad idea to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There are too many instances where an accident victim reduced physical damage coverage only to regret they didn’t have enough coverage. Your focus should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best possible price, but do not skimp to save money.
Lower-priced car insurance in Newark can be purchased on the web in addition to many Newark insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both so you have a total pricing picture. Some companies may not offer online rate quotes and usually these small, regional companies work with independent agencies.
Steps to finding lower priced Chevy TrailBlazer insurance in Newark
The best way we recommend to get affordable auto insurance rates in Newark is to compare prices regularly from insurance carriers that insure vehicles in New Jersey.
Step 1: It will benefit you to learn about policy coverages and the steps you can take to keep rates in check. Many rating criteria that cause high rates such as getting speeding tickets and a substandard credit score can be amended by being financially responsible and driving safely.
Step 2: Compare prices from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can give quotes from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can quote prices for a wide range of companies. Find a Newark insurance agent
Step 3: Compare the quotes to the premium of your current policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a better price and decide to switch, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
One thing to remember is to compare the same level of coverage on each quote and to quote with as many different insurance providers as possible. This guarantees a fair price comparison and the best rate selection.
Helpful learning opportunities
- Rental Car Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for Veterans in Newark? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Mazda CX-7 in Newark? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for a Chevrolet Silverado in Newark? (FAQ)
- Parking Tips to Reduce Door Dings (State Farm)
- Protect Yourself Against Auto Theft (Insurance Information Institute)
- Prepare your Teens for Safe Driving (InsureUonline.org)