Inconceivable but true, nearly 70% of customers kept their coverage with the same auto insurance company for well over three years, and almost half have never quoted rates to find affordable coverage. Many drivers in Newark can save almost $720 each year, but most undervalue how much savings they would realize if they switch to a new company.
If you want to save money, the best way to get more affordable Acura ZDX insurance in Newark is to compare prices regularly from different companies who sell auto insurance in New Jersey.
- First, gain an understanding of the different coverages in a policy and the modifications you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating criteria that increase rates such as traffic violations and a not-so-good credit score can be remedied by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes. Read the full article for the details to get better rates and find discounts that you may qualify for.
- Second, compare rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only quote rates from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agencies can quote prices from multiple companies.
- Third, compare the new quotes to your current policy to determine if you can save on ZDX insurance in Newark. If you find better rates and switch companies, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
- Fourth, provide adequate notice to your current company of your decision to cancel your existing policy. Submit the completed application along with a down payment to the newly selected company. Once the application is submitted, keep your new certificate verifying coverage in your vehicle.
A crucial key to this process is to compare the same deductibles and limits on every quote request and to quote with every insurance company. Doing this enables a level playing field and a thorough selection of prices.
Insurance quotes and discounts
Insurance can be pricey, but you may be missing some discounts to help offset the cost. Some discounts apply automatically when you quote, but less common discounts must be manually applied in order for you to get them.
- Good Drivers – Safe drivers could pay up to 40% less compared to accident prone drivers.
- Waiver for an Accident – This isn’t a discount exactly, but some insurance companies allow you one accident without raising rates with the catch being you have to be claim-free for a set time period.
- Discount for Good Grades – Performing well in school can earn a discount of 20% or more. The good student discount can last up until you turn 25.
- Military Rewards – Being deployed in the military may lower your insurance rates slightly.
- Renewal Discounts – Some insurance companies reward drivers for buying a new policy before your current ZDX insurance policy expires. You may see this discount when you get Newark auto insurance quotes online.
- Senior Citizen Discount – Drivers over the age of 55 may receive reduced rates.
Keep in mind that some of the credits will not apply to the whole policy. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. Just because it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, companies don’t profit that way.
The diagram below shows the comparison of Acura ZDX auto insurance costs with and without discounts applied. The premiums assume a female driver, no claims, a clean driving record, New Jersey state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, claim-free, homeowner, marriage, safe-driver, and multi-policy discounts applied.
Large insurance companies and their offered discounts include:
- Esurance offers discounts including multi-car, online quote, defensive driver, Pac-12 alumni, Switch & Save, DriveSense, and multi-policy.
- The Hartford may offer discounts for defensive driver, driver training, good student, bundle, and anti-theft.
- AAA offers premium reductions for multi-car, good student, AAA membership discount, multi-policy, anti-theft, and education and occupation.
- GEICO has savings for membership and employees, air bags, driver training, anti-theft, anti-lock brakes, and multi-vehicle.
- State Farm discounts include anti-theft, Drive Safe & Save, good student, defensive driving training, passive restraint, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
Before you buy a policy, ask all the companies what discounts are available to you. Depending on the company, some discounts might not be offered in your state. To choose providers that offer multiple discounts in New Jersey, click here to view.
The best way to get rate comparisons for Acura ZDX insurance in Newark is to know the trick most insurance companies participate in a system to give free rates quotes. To begin a comparison, all you need to do is provide a little information such as your occupation, if a SR-22 is required, how your vehicles are used, and how much coverage you want. Your information is then sent to insurance carriers in your area and you should receive rate quotes very quickly.
To start a rate quote now, click here and enter the information requested.
The providers in the list below offer comparison quotes in New Jersey. If you want to find cheap auto insurance in New Jersey, we suggest you compare several of them to get the best price comparison.
Insurance analysis for an Acura ZDX
The information displayed below highlights detailed analysis of insurance coverage prices for Acura ZDX models. Learning more about how rate quotes are formulated can benefit drivers when making decisions on which insurance to purchase.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|ZDX Technology Package AWD||$308||$524||$490||$30||$146||$1,498||$125|
|ZDX Advance Package AWD||$308||$592||$490||$30||$146||$1,566||$131|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and New Jersey minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, claim-free, safe-driver, multi-policy, and homeowner. Price information does not factor in vehicle location which can modify premiums noticeably.
Insurance rate increases from tickets or accidents
The diagram below shows how traffic citations and fender-benders can influence Acura ZDX yearly insurance costs for different insured age categories. The costs are based on a single male driver, full coverage, $500 deductibles, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Should you buy full coverage?
The information below compares Acura ZDX car insurance rates with full physical damage coverage and with liability coverage only. The costs are based on no claims, a clean driving record, $100 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Should you buy full coverage or liability only?
There is no definitive formula of when to phase out physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a general convention. If the annual cost of your full coverage insurance is about 10% or more of replacement cost minus your deductible, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
For example, let’s say your Acura ZDX claim settlement value is $8,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, you would only receive $7,000 after paying your deductible. If premiums are more than $700 annually for physical damage coverage, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
There are some situations where only buying liability is not a good idea. If you haven’t satisfied your loan, you have to carry full coverage to satisfy the loan requirements. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should not buy liability only.
What is the best auto insurance coverage?
When selecting a policy for your personal vehicles, there is no one-size-fits-all type of policy. Each situation is unique.
For example, these questions might help in determining whether or not you would benefit from professional advice.
- Do I need roadside assistance coverage?
- Does rental coverage apply when I am renting a car?
- Will filing a claim cost me more?
- How much liability do I need to cover my assets?
- What is the rate difference between pleasure use and commuting?
- Is my Acura ZDX covered if I use it for business?
- Do I need rental car coverage?
- What does medical payments coverage do?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form.
When to get advice from a local insurance agent
Many drivers just prefer to visit with an insurance agent. One of the benefits of price shopping on the web is the fact that drivers can get better rates and still buy from a local agent.
Upon completion of this short form, your coverage information is sent to local insurance agents who will give you bids to get your business. You won’t even need to visit any agencies because quoted prices will be sent instantly to you. You can find the lowest rates and a licensed agent to talk to. If you have a need to compare rates from a particular provider, you just need to go to their quote page and submit a quote form there.
Selecting an insurance company needs to be determined by more than just the price. Below are some questions you should ask.
- What is the agency’s Better Business Bureau rating?
- Does the company have a local claim office in Newark?
- Do they offer rental car reimbursement?
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
- Does the agent help file claims?
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in New Jersey?
- How long has the business existed?
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
If you want to use a good insurance agency, you need to know there are two different agency structures that you can choose from. Insurance policy providers are categorized either independent or exclusive.
Exclusive insurance agents work for only one company such as Allstate, State Farm and Farm Bureau. These agents are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so always compare other rates. Exclusive agents receive extensive training in insurance sales and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. Drivers often purchase coverage from exclusives mainly due to the prominent brand name and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Shown below are exclusive insurance agencies in Newark that can give you price quote information.
- Farmers Insurance – Christine Veliz
229 Bloomfield Ave – Newark, NJ 07104 – (973) 482-1975 – View Map
- State Farm Insurance
360 Chestnut St – Newark, NJ 07105 – (800) 701-5909 – View Map
- State Farm: Zanetta Glover
570 Broad St #114 – Newark, NJ 07102 – (973) 648-0699 – View Map
Independent agencies do not have single company limitations so they can write business with lots of companies and find the cheapest rate. If prices rise, the agent simply finds a different carrier which makes it simple for you. When comparison shopping, we highly recommend that you get some free quotes from multiple independent agents to get the most accurate price comparison. Many independent agencies also insure through companies that do not advertise much which may have better rates.
Shown below is a short list of independent insurance agents in Newark who can help you get price quote information.
- Knight Insurance Consulting Group
454 Washington St – Newark, NJ 07102 – (973) 704-1024 – View Map
- Morais Insurance Agency, Inc.
217 Ferry St – Newark, NJ 07105 – (973) 344-2000 – View Map
- Preferred Choice Insurance Agency
225 Newark Ave – Jersey City, NJ 07302 – (201) 616-7644 – View Map
Coverages available on your policy
Knowing the specifics of your policy helps when choosing the best coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. Insurance terms can be impossible to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Collision insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by collision with another car or object. A deductible applies and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision can pay for claims like crashing into a building, hitting a mailbox and damaging your car on a curb. This coverage can be expensive, so you might think about dropping it from lower value vehicles. You can also bump up the deductible on your ZDX to save money on collision insurance.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage
Your UM/UIM coverage gives you protection when the “other guys” are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. This coverage pays for medical payments for you and your occupants and damage to your Acura ZDX.
Since many New Jersey drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (15/30/5 in New Jersey), their limits can quickly be used up. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked.
Liability auto insurance
Liability coverage will cover injuries or damage you cause to other people or property that is your fault. This insurance protects YOU against other people’s claims. It does not cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. Your policy might show liability limits of 15/30/5 which stand for $15,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, $30,000 for the entire accident, and a limit of $5,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability can pay for things such as funeral expenses, repair bills for other people’s vehicles, medical expenses and legal defense fees. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a personal decision, but buy as large an amount as possible. New Jersey state minimum liability requirements are 15/30/5 but it’s recommended drivers buy more coverage.
The next chart shows why low liability limits may not be adequate.
Comprehensive insurance will pay to fix damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first must pay your deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims such as damage from a tornado or hurricane, rock chips in glass, damage from getting keyed, theft and fire damage. The most your insurance company will pay is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Medical payments coverage and PIP
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP reimburse you for expenses like surgery, prosthetic devices, EMT expenses, doctor visits and rehabilitation expenses. They can be used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. They cover all vehicle occupants as well as any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP is only offered in select states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Be persistent and save
Throughout this article, we presented a lot of information how to find cheaper Acura ZDX insurance in Newark. The most important thing to understand is the more providers you compare, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even be surprised to find that the biggest savings come from a smaller regional carrier.
Lower-priced car insurance in Newark can be purchased on the web and also from your neighborhood Newark agents, and you should compare rates from both to have the best selection. There are still a few companies who do not offer price quotes online and usually these regional insurance providers only sell through independent agents.
When getting Newark auto insurance quotes online, it’s a bad idea to buy less coverage just to save a little money. There have been many situations where an insured dropped liability coverage limits to discover at claim time that the savings was not a smart move. Your strategy should be to find the BEST coverage for the lowest cost.
To learn more, feel free to browse the following helpful articles:
- Property Damage Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a 20 Year Old Male in Newark? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers Over Age 50 in Newark? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Inexperienced Drivers in Newark? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for Good Students in Newark? (FAQ)
- How Much are Newark Auto Insurance Rates for Government Employees? (FAQ)
- Rollover Crash FAQ (iihs.org)
- Understanding Limits and Deductibles (Allstate)
- Teen Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- All About Airbag Safety (State Farm)