Do you want to learn to get low-cost Acura TL insurance in Newark? When shopping for lower-priced insurance, are you baffled by the dozens of auto insurance choices in Newark? There are so many choices available that it can really be a difficult situation to find the perfect company for you. Newark is an awesome place to live, but paying high auto insurance rates can make it hard to maintain proper levels of coverage.
A recent NerdWallet.com study revealed that nearly 70% of consumers kept buying from the same company for four years or more, and approximately 38% of consumers have never quoted rates to find lower-cost coverage. Newark consumers can cut their rates by roughly $700 a year, but most undervalue the big savings they would realize if they switch to a new company.
It's a great practice to price shop coverage before your next renewal because prices are rarely the same from one policy term to another. Despite the fact that you may have had the best deal on Acura TL insurance in Newark last year you will most likely find a better rate today. You'll find a ton of advice on TL insurance online but we're going to give you a lot of great tips on how to reduce your auto insurance bill.
The quickest way to compare policy rates for Acura TL insurance in Newark is to know all the major auto insurance companies actually pay money for the chance to give free rates quotes. To start a quote, the only thing you need to do is provide the companies a bit of rating information such as whether your vehicle is owned or leased, which vehicles you own, if it has an alarm system, and if a SR-22 is required. Your information is submitted instantly to insurance carriers in your area and they return cost estimate instantly.
To find lower cheap Acura TL insurance rates now, click here and find out if you can get cheaper insurance in Newark.
The providers in the list below offer quotes in Newark, NJ. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you visit as many as you can in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Auto insurance policy discounts for Acura TL insurance in Newark
Companies that sell car insurance don't necessarily list all their discounts in a way that's easy to find, so the following is a list of a few of the more well known and the harder-to-find auto insurance savings.
- Claim-Free Discount - Insureds with no claims or accidents pay much less compared to drivers who are more careless.
- Save over 55 - If you qualify as a senior citizen, you could receive better auto insurance rates.
- ABS Braking Discount - Vehicles with ABS and/or traction control prevent accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Good Student Discount - Being a good student can get you a discount of up to 25%. Most companies allow this discount well after school through age 25.
- Drivers Ed for Students - It's a good idea to have your young drivers enroll in driver's education in high school.
- Discount for Home Ownership - Owning your own home or condo can get you a discount since home ownership is proof of financial responsibility.
- Discounts for Government Workers - Employees or retirees of the government could qualify for a slight premium decrease with some auto insurance companies.
A little note about advertised discounts, most of the big mark downs will not be given to all coverage premiums. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. So even though it sounds like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, insurance companies wouldn't stay in business.
The illustration below shows the comparison of Acura TL insurance costs with and without discounts. The premiums assume a male driver, a clean driving record, no claims, New Jersey state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, marriage, multi-policy, safe-driver, homeowner, and multi-car discounts applied.
A partial list of companies who might offer many of the previously listed discounts include:
When getting free Newark car insurance quotes, it's a good idea to all the companies to give you their best rates. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not apply to policyholders in your state.
Facts and figures for Acura TL insurance
The data table shown next highlights detailed analysis of coverage costs for Acura TL models. Having insight into how insurance prices are figured can be useful when making informed purchases.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|TL 3.5 W/Technology Package||$326||$626||$462||$28||$138||$1,580||$132|
|TL 3.7 SH AWD||$326||$626||$462||$28||$138||$1,580||$132|
|TL 3.7 SH W/Technology Package AWD||$326||$722||$462||$28||$138||$1,676||$140|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and New Jersey minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-policy, claim-free, homeowner, and multi-vehicle. Price estimates do not factor in specific location information which can affect rates greatly.
The information below shows how choosing a deductible and can impact Acura TL yearly insurance costs for different age groups. The premium estimates are based on a single female driver, full physical damage coverage, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Age, gender, and Acura TL insurance
The diagram below compares Acura TL insurance rates for male and female drivers. The prices are based on no accidents or driving violations, full physical damage coverage, $500 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are factored in.
Liability only or full coverage
The example below shows the comparison of Acura TL insurance costs with and without physical damage coverage, medical payments, and uninsured/under-insured motorist coverage. Data assumes no accidents or driving violations, $250 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are applied.
Are you wasting money paying for full coverage?
There is no written rule to eliminate comp and collision coverage, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the annual cost of coverage is more than 10% of the vehicle's replacement cost less your deductible, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let's pretend your Acura TL replacement value is $3,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most you would get paid by your company is $2,000 after you pay the deductible. If premium cost is more than $200 a year for physical damage coverage, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
There are some cases where eliminating full coverage is not recommended. If you still have a lienholder on your title, you are required to maintain full coverage in order to prevent the bank from purchasing higher-priced coverage. Also, if you can't afford to buy a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should not consider dropping full coverage.
Car insurance is available from local insurance agents
A small number of people still like to have an agent's advice and that is just fine! An additional benefit of price shopping on the web is the fact that drivers can get the best rates but still work with a licensed agent. And buying from local agents is definitely important in Newark.
After completing this quick form, your coverage information is instantly submitted to participating agents in Newark who will give you quotes for your coverage. You won't need to contact any agents because quoted prices will be sent directly to your email. You can find better rates AND a local agent. If for some reason you want to get a rate quote from a specific company, feel free to search and find their rate quote page and fill out their quote form.
If you want to use a local Newark insurance agency, it's important to understand the types of insurance agents and how they can write your policy. Agents in Newark may be either independent or exclusive.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent insurance agents do not have single company limitations and that enables them to quote your coverage with a variety of different insurance companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. To transfer your coverage to a different company, your agent can switch companies and the insured can keep the same agent. If you are comparing rate quotes, you will want to get insurance quotes from multiple independent agents to have the best price comparison. Most also have access to mutual insurance companies that may provide cheaper car insurance rates.
Shown below are Newark independent agencies who can help you get comparison quotes.
- Astor C Wilson Insurance Agency
88 Pacific St - Newark, NJ 07105 - (973) 491-0002 - View Map
- Arabo Insurance Group Inc
675 Bergen St - Newark, NJ 07108 - (973) 391-9595 - View Map
- N J Insurance Underwriting
744 Broad St # 1100 - Newark, NJ 07102 - (973) 622-3838 - View Map
Exclusive agencies can only provide pricing for a single company and examples are Allstate, State Farm and Farm Bureau. They generally cannot shop your coverage around so they really need to provide good service. These agents are usually quite knowledgeable on their products and sales techniques which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Consumers often buy insurance from these agents primarily because of the prominence of the brand and solid financial strength.
The following are Newark exclusive agents who can help you get price quote information.
- Allstate Insurance: Celia Caro
66 Wilson Ave - Newark, NJ 07105 - (973) 690-6400 - View Map
- State Farm Insurance
360 Chestnut St - Newark, NJ 07105 - (800) 701-5909 - View Map
- Farmers Insurance - Anthony Pugliese
41 Wilson Ave - Newark, NJ 07105 - (973) 732-2105 - View Map
Deciding on an insurance agency should include more criteria than just the bottom line cost. Any agent in Newark should have no problem answering these questions:
- How long has their agency been in business in Newark?
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?
- Is auto insurance their primary focus in Newark?
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?
- What is the agency's Better Business Bureau rating?
Why You Might Pay Higher Rates in Newark
Many factors are part of the equation when pricing auto insurance. A few of the factors are predictable such as your driving record, although others are less obvious like where you live or how safe your car is.
The type of car, truck or SUV makes a difference - The performance level of the car, truck or SUV you are trying to find cheaper insurance for makes a significant difference in how high your rates are. Lower cost passenger cars receive the most favorable rates, but your final cost has many other factors.
The next chart uses these assumptions: single male driver age 30, full coverage with $100 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. It illustrates Acura TL policy rates compared to other makes and models that have a range of risk factors.
- Bundle and save - Most larger companies allow better rates to policyholders who have multiple policies with them in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even if you qualify for this discount already, consumers should still compare other company rates to guarantee you are still saving the most.
Traffic violations can be expensive - Only having one citation may increase your cost substantially. Drivers with clean records tend to pay less for car insurance than people who have multiple driving citations. Drivers who have serious violations such as DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions may face state-mandated requirements to maintain a SR-22 with their state's licensing department in order to legally drive.
The information below shows how speeding tickets and at-fault collisions can impact Acura TL auto insurance costs for each age group. The prices are based on a married female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $250 deductibles, and no policy discounts are applied.
- Marriage is a factor - Your spouse helps lower the price on insurance. Having a spouse demonstrates that you tend to be more mature and responsible and statistics prove married couples file fewer claims.
- Insurance claims cost money - Auto insurance companies in New Jersey give better rates to policyholders who are not frequent claim filers. If you're an insured who likes to file claims you can definitely plan on either higher rates or even cancellation. Your car insurance is designed for claims that pose a financial burden.
- Car features impact premiums - Owning a car with advanced anti-theft systems can help bring down rates. Theft deterrent systems like LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM's OnStar system help track and prevent auto theft and help lower rates.
How old are your drivers? - Beginning drivers in New Jersey are statistically proven to be easily distracted in a vehicle and because of this, their insurance rates are much higher. More experienced drivers are viewed as being more responsible, cause fewer claims and accidents, and are safer drivers.
The next chart uses these variables: single driver, full coverage with $500 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
- Improve your credit history - Having a bad credit score is a big factor in calculating your premium rate. If your credit score could use some work, you may save money insuring your Acura TL by taking the time to improve your credit score. Consumers who have good credit tend to file fewer claims than drivers with poor credit.
Loss statistics for an Acura TL - Insurance companies use past insurance losses to help determine the price you pay. Vehicles that the statistics show to have increased claim numbers or amounts will cost more for specific coverages.
The information below illustrates the compiled insurance loss statistics for Acura TL vehicles. For each insurance policy coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles, as an average, is considered to be 100. Percentage values below 100 suggest losses that are better than average, while values that are 100 or greater indicate a higher chance of having a claim or tendency to have larger claims.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Acura TL Vehicles Specific Acura Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Acura TLX 4dr 2WD 90 75 97 93 74 77 Acura TLX 4dr 4WD 120 75BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Three reasons auto insurance is important
Even though it's not necessarily cheap to insure an Acura in Newark, buying auto insurance may not be optional for several reasons.
- The majority of states have mandatory insurance requirements which means state laws require a minimum amount of liability coverage in order to drive the car. In New Jersey these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your vehicle, it's guaranteed your bank will stipulate that you have full coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank will be required to insure your Acura for a much higher rate and force you to pay the higher price.
- Insurance protects not only your Acura TL but also your assets. It will also cover medical bills for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, will also pay for a defense attorney if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If you have damage to your Acura as the result of the weather or an accident, your policy will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of having insurance greatly outweigh the cost, especially with large liability claims. But the average American driver is wasting up to $865 each year so it's important to compare rates at every renewal to ensure rates are competitive.
Cover all your bases
People switch companies for a variety of reasons including poor customer service, policy non-renewal, extreme rates for teen drivers and even lack of trust in their agent. It doesn't matter why you want to switch switching companies can be pretty painless.
Lower-priced Acura TL insurance in Newark can be purchased on the web as well as from independent agents in Newark, so you should compare both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some companies may not provide online rate quotes and many times these small, regional companies sell through independent agencies.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, it's a bad idea to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There are a lot of situations where an insured cut liability limits or collision coverage and found out when filing a claim they didn't have enough coverage. Your objective should be to buy the best coverage you can find at the best cost, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
Steps to buying affordable Acura TL insurance in Newark
Truthfully, the best way to get more affordable auto insurance rates is to start comparing prices yearly from insurance carriers who sell auto insurance in Newark. You can compare rates by following these steps.
- Step 1: Spend a few minutes and learn about what is in your policy and the measures you can control to prevent rate increases. Many things that cause rate increases such as traffic violations and a not-so-good credit rating can be amended by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Step 2: Compare price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can only give rate quotes from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agencies can provide prices from multiple sources. Start a quote
- Step 3: Compare the price quotes to the price on your current policy to see if cheaper TL coverage is available in Newark. If you find a better price and buy the policy, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Step 4: Provide proper notification to your current company of your decision to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit a completed application and payment to the new insurer. Be sure to keep the new certificate of insurance in your vehicle's glove compartment or console.
An essential thing to point out is to use the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on every price quote and and to analyze as many companies as possible. Doing this provides an apples-to-apples comparison and a good representation of prices.
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a Ford F-150 in Newark? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Newark Car Insurance for Nurses? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for College Graduates in Newark? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Newark Car Insurance for First-time Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for a Toyota RAV4 in Newark? (FAQ)
- How do I File a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Can I Drive Legally without Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Anti-Lock Brake FAQ (iihs.org)
- What Determines the Price of My Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)