It goes without saying that car insurance companies don’t want you comparing rates. Drivers who shop around for a cheaper policy will, in all likelihood, switch auto insurance companies because the odds are good of finding a lower-priced company. Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that consumers who did price comparisons regularly saved over $3,400 over four years compared to those who never shopped around for better prices.
If finding the cheapest price for car insurance is your goal, then knowing how to choose a company and compare auto insurance can save time and money.
If you want to save money, the best way to get discount Acura ILX insurance in Newark is to regularly compare prices from insurance carriers that sell auto insurance in New Jersey.
- Take a few minutes and learn about how your policy works and the measures you can take to prevent high rates. Many policy risk factors that cause high rates such as getting speeding tickets and a not-so-good credit history can be improved by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Get rate quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can provide rates from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agents can quote rates from many different companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing coverage and determine if cheaper ILX coverage is available. If you find a lower rate, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Provide written notification to your current company of your intention to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit any necessary down payment along with the completed application to your new company or agent. Be sure to place the new certificate verifying coverage along with the vehicle’s registration papers.
One key aspect of rate comparisons is to use the same level of coverage on each quote and and to get rate quotes from every company you can. This provides a level playing field and many rates to choose from.
The method we recommend to compare rates for Acura ILX insurance in Newark takes advantage of the fact most insurance companies pay for the opportunity to give you rate quotes. To begin a comparison, all you need to do is provide information including if you require a SR-22, whether you have decent credit, what you do for a living, and whether the vehicles are used for commuting. That rating data is automatically sent to many different companies and you will get price comparisons immediately.
To start a quote now, click here then complete the form.
The following companies are our best choices to provide price comparisons in Newark, NJ. To buy cheap car insurance in New Jersey, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to get a more complete price comparison.
Acura ILX insurance discounts in Newark
Insurance is not inexpensive, but there are discounts available that you may not know about. Certain discounts will be applied at the time of purchase, but some may not be applied and must be inquired about before you will receive the discount.
- Club Memberships – Having an affiliation with specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations is a good way to get lower rates when getting a Newark auto insurance quote.
- Good Grades Discount – Performing well in school can get you a discount of up to 25%. This discount can apply well after school through age 25.
- Service Members Pay Less – Being on active duty in the military may lower your premium rates slightly.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – By paying your entire bill at once instead of paying each month you could save 5% or more.
- First Accident Forgiveness – This one is not really a discount per se, but some insurance companies may permit one accident before raising your premiums with the catch being you have to be claim-free for a particular time prior to the accident.
Drivers should understand that most discount credits are not given to the entire policy premium. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. If you do the math and it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it doesn’t quite work that way.
The best insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts can be read below.
- GEICO discounts include anti-lock brakes, emergency military deployment, anti-theft, driver training, multi-policy, five-year accident-free, and seat belt use.
- MetLife offers discounts including accident-free, defensive driver, good student, multi-policy, and claim-free.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for online signing, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, and homeowner.
- Travelers may offer discounts for multi-car, home ownership, IntelliDrive, multi-policy, good student, and save driver.
- SAFECO includes discounts for accident prevention training, anti-theft, teen safe driver, drive less, and teen safety rewards.
- AAA may include discounts for multi-car, anti-theft, multi-policy, good driver, good student, pay-in-full, and education and occupation.
Before purchasing a policy, check with all companies you are considering which discounts they offer. All car insurance discounts might not apply in Newark. If you would like to see a list of insurance companies who offer discounts in Newark, click here to view.
Best car insurance in Newark
Buying coverage from a good quality car insurance company can be difficult considering how many choices there are in Newark. The information shown below may help you decide which car insurance companies you want to consider when comparing rate quotes.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies